Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By lemaxwell304
Has anyone had good luck of using LED Grow lights. like this Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By iamjacksplants
Hey, how's it goin?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't see any evidence of these being grow lights. They look like the LED strip lighting with adhesive backing commonly used for accent lighting in the automotive industry.

Cheers,
-@.
By mo_carnivore
I second that opinion. If you want to use LEDs as grow lights, which is a great idea since many of them are fantastic for growing plants, I would recommend the marshydro 300w. It's relatively cheap, lights up a lot of space, and turns your plants a vibrant shade of red even when then are quite far from the fixture.
By lemaxwell304
They are grow lights but used inside hotboxs for seeds. Which I didn’t know at the time. But thanks. I want to get more light with less heat.

By promethean_spark
With LEDs, the light and heat are going to track eachother pretty well. However, the electronics that drive the LEDs may vary in how efficient they are, and if you could have the driver outside your enclosure, it would certainly reduce the interior heating.
Most LED fixtures have built in electronics, and IME, they run a lot cooler than any other options, so I'm not sure it's worth worrying about.
By lemaxwell304
mo_carnivore wrote:I second that opinion. If you want to use LEDs as grow lights, which is a great idea since many of them are fantastic for growing plants, I would recommend the marshydro 300w. It's relatively cheap, lights up a lot of space, and turns your plants a vibrant shade of red even when then are quite far from the fixture.
I needed up getting the 600w version and moving the plants to my basement where it’s a steady cool temperature year round and they are doing so much better.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!