FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Gothic TRAPS
Keehns Carnivores is officially closed as new ownership takes over.

I'm sure many of us Canadians and some abroad have purchased from this well reputable Canadian CP supplier. I personally and publicly would like to thank Rick Keehn for the great service and quality plants that he served me over the past few years as my on going hobby took off.

As FlyTrapStore serves the US with wonderful unique live Dionaea cultivars, Keehns Carnivores had the same intent for us Canadians saving us from high cost boarder and over seas fees in purchasing some of the rarest of cultivars.

Thank you Rick Keehn for all your devoted time and service to this awesome hobby that we all enjoy and share!

Sincerely,
Gothic Traps
Last edited by Gothic TRAPS on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Isabelle
Oh really? Who is "new ownership"? I had the intention of purchasing a few VFT's from Keehns this spring...that's too bad! What a loss for Canadian CP lovers. Well, heard lots of good words about his plants.
By Gothic TRAPS
Isabelle wrote:Who is "new ownership"?
No name is given yet as it's being stated in the contacts section below the header. As of now all product has been removed from sale.
Last edited by Gothic TRAPS on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By LAKJP
I'd also like to thank him for his wonderful plants! He provided my first VFT's and I'm probably among his last customers. But I think his business wil come back some time later, right?
By Gothic TRAPS
Isabelle wrote:Who is "new ownership"?
It is noted on Keehns Carnivores website that The Urban Bog will be the new nursery taking over.
Last edited by Gothic TRAPS on Fri May 31, 2013 3:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
By Jonathan_
Update: Just letting all you fellow Canadians know that the Urban Bog in BC here has great typical flytraps. I just received my order this afternoon. I was impressed with the shear size. The traps are huge and the plants are well established. I also got an 16$ Giant Red VFT free because I ordered the 25$ min. Great service and I would definitely recommend them. I will be ordering from them again soon! The only thing that kind of bugged me was they wrapped the whole plant in wet paper towel and there was no LFS on the root system of the plant and I know the roots are very delicate.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Jonathan_ liked this
By toysareforboys
Jonathan_ wrote:Update: Just letting all you fellow Canadians know that the Urban Bog in BC here has great typical flytraps. I just received my order this afternoon. I was impressed with the shear size. The traps are huge and the plants are well established. I also got an 16$ Giant Red VFT free because I ordered the 25$ min. Great service and I would definitely recommend them. I will be ordering from them again soon! The only thing that kind of bugged me was they wrapped the whole plant in wet paper towel and there was no LFS on the root system of the plant and I know the roots are very delicate.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Sweet, thanks for the update! My "Drosera spatulata. Gold Coast, SE Queensland, Australia." I got from Keehns Carnivores is doing amazing, I might pick up some different ones from Urban Bog!!

Thanks again.

-Jamie M.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!