FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By bombsboy
any sugestions? where to place it? is it possible to grow all species (well, sarcencia, dionea, nnepenthes, drosera) if placed stragetically? like neps on bottom shelfs, dionea on top, ect. here is a link to the green house that i bought, 8 shelves, sizable, and nice price! ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Quality-Mini-P ... 3efd6f8a51

scroll down to see the stats of the green house.

i live in the coast of california where summers are BLAZING HOT like 100 degrees farentheit and winters are extreemely rare below 50 degrees.
By Matt
bombsboy wrote:i live in the coast of california where summers are BLAZING HOT like 100 degrees farentheit and winters are extreemely rare below 50 degrees.
I'd probably not use a greenhouse with that weather! :)

It's going to be hard to keep cool in the summer. You might be better off only using it during the winter. What was your motivation for getting it as opposed to just growing your plants outside? You definitely don't need it for temperature control. If you're just trying to give your plants a bit of protection, why not use some fence or screening of some sort?
By kevinqwe
lol yea! if you're putting them in there in the summer goodluck trying to keep them cool. your area has ideal conditions!
By bombsboy
humidity. in CA it is like usually 20-30% i think. lets see how the plants do in the upcoming summer, my neps sarrs and VFT should do fine. idk about the droseras. its caspensis so its always immortal :lol:
By Matt
Most species of carnivorous plants can adapt well to humidity in the 20% to 30% range. But if you want to grow certain species of Nepenthes or Heliamphora you'll need elevated humidity. However, it's going to be really hard to keep the temperature down and give the plants good light if you grow them in the greenhouse.
By Ronnie
I looked online and the humiditiy in CA today is ranging on 37% to 93% depending on where you live..

Ronnie.
By bombsboy
thanks for the tips guys! i live on top of a hill, and humidity here drops quickly. i needed it for neps, all other plants should do fine. i will prob. install a air cooler, or figure something out. me and my dad are good at this so ill let you guys know how it works out. it should be coming tommmorow.

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!