FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

FlytrapCare Forum periodic photo contests

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Darkroom Denizen wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:00 pm I finally got a chance to snap a picture, hope I'm not too late.
It's never too late.
By Panman
9 days left in our "Beautiful Bogs" photo contest. We have some great photos and have even had some first time entries from some newer members. Here are the standings as of today:
slicric78 9
Panman 8
Carnies 7
Stratofortress 6
michijake 5
Nepenthes0260 4
optique 4
sundewd 4
Seith Snow 4
Darkroom Denizen 3
Plant_master 1

It is a very close contest and can change quickly. If you haven't added your picture yet, there is still time to join the contest. If you don't have a bog photo to share with us (or even if you do), be sure to look through the posts and vote for your favorites. If you have already voted, check back again and see if you feel that any of the new additions are worthy of your vote.

Just a reminder, this is this month's prize from @Matt and Leah at The Flytrap Store :
By Panman
We're down to the final hours of our June photo contest and we currently have a tie for first place. Plus, first and second are only separated by 2 votes! Here are the current standings:
slicric78 9
Panman 9
Carnies 7
Stratofortress 7
michijake 6
Nepenthes0260 4
optique 4
Seith Snow 4
sundewd 4
Darkroom Denizen 3
Plant_master 3

In the case of a tie, we will have a run off contest between the photos tied for first place to determine the winner. We have had some great photos shared, so be sure to take a look at them all and vote for your favorites!
slicric78 liked this
By Stratofortress
elaineo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:56 pm
Stratofortress wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:14 am 249BCBAF-6175-4356-9C03-780EF5028132.jpeg
Is that baby vft old enough to flower, or am I seeing an optical illusion?
That was a leaf pulling but I recall being pleasantly surprised (it was 2011 or 2012) that indeed such a tiny flytrap could produce a flower. Must have had something to do with the plant being a leaf pulling.
elaineo liked this
By Panman
And this month's winner is @Panman, or more accurately, Panman's daughter, with this photograph of her bog.

Thank you to everyone for participating. You all have some gorgeous plants. Keep an eye out for this month's contest.
My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!