FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By DTDream18
Sorry guys ... That's definately the JAWS flytrap that I got from Steve earlier in the year. I never purchased JAWS from anywhere else but Flytrapstore. Particularly since I read that long article posted by Steve several months ago on the forum. I have purchased several JAWS plants from you guys, but the one in my photo's was the very first JAWS I ever purchased. This is definately that plant. And I've never purchased a typical seed plant from Flytrapstore.

Steve ... In the JAWS photo before the plant was decimated by the squirrel all of the traps with the arrows pointing at them are indeed from the same plant. Planted squarely in the center of that pot.

Even if it isn't JAWS it's still a nice plant. It's now growing outside in a large pot with my other typicals. Surrounded by chicken wire now ... LOL

For everyone on the forum I just want to let you know that I did purchase 2 more medium JAWS and a large JAWS the day after I wrote this original post. They arrived in beautiful condition today along with another large JAWS that Steve was kind enough to throw in for free. I never requested a replacement for the original JAWS
in question. In fact I never would have dreamed of it. But that's why Flytrapstore, Matt and Steve are the best !

Steve was even kind enough to throw in a few more dead flies which I discovered in the traps of my new large JAWS .... Thanks again Steve .... You guys are terrific !
DTDream18, DTDream18 liked this
By Matt
DTDream18 wrote:Sorry guys ... That's definately the JAWS flytrap that I got from Steve earlier in the year. I never purchased JAWS from anywhere else but Flytrapstore. Particularly since I read that long article posted by Steve several months ago on the forum. I have purchased several JAWS plants from you guys, but the one in my photo's was the very first JAWS I ever purchased. This is definately that plant. And I've never purchased a typical seed plant from Flytrapstore.
Well, then it could very well be 'Jaws' the official cultivar. I haven't ever seen mine have cilia that long, but they do occasionally get fairly long cilia. Maybe take some photos later in the season and keep us up to date. I looked closer at the photo and the trap size, color and shape look right for Jaws (and different than the "Jaws" that CPN sells). And even most of the traps have similar cilia to mine. There is just one trap though (that you took the close up of) that doesn't have the slightly shorter cilia that 'Jaws' has this time of year.
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!