FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Panman
Only 100 days until Christmas so I thought it would be a good time to put a bug in your ear about Secret Santa. I am planning on organizing one again this year so start thinking about what you can put in a small USPS Priority Mail box. We are going to try and keep the value of the product around $20 but it is on the honor system. So put on your thinking caps and keep an eye out for further details.
El Trap-o, elaineo, CPhunter101 and 2 others liked this
By MaxVft
...I've never done a secret Santa before on these forums and not exactly sure how it works, but I'm in! I'll definitely donate something of +/- 20 dollars worth :D
By Panman
We did it last year. There were 5 of us that participated, I think. You can use the advanced search and look up the keyword SANTA and user Panman and you will find the thread. I'll announce the full details of rules, requirements, blah, blah, blah, when we are ready to go. Probably right after Thanksgiving.
CPhunter101 liked this
By Panman
I'd like to take credit for it, but I can't. I came across it on the interweb.
Last edited by Panman on Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Apollyon
If I remember correctly, We list our names for the "pool" then supply Panman our addresses. He does some black magic and sets up pairings. Then we check their grow lists and try to give them something they don't have while not going overboard. We can put whatever we want in a Small Flat Rate. We send them out roughly at the same time. We know who we're sending to but they don't know until they get it
By Panman
That sums it up pretty well. Last time I didn't specify the small priority mail box as a minimum but we will this time. We're looking at around $15 to $20 value of goodies. Expect to see more about it right around Thanksgiving. But it isn't too soon to start looking around at what you have to gift.
elaineo liked this
By tracieh
I am very interested in this. My only concern is that I have never shipped plants before. Is there a good post or tutorial on here or youtube? I would hate to send plants doa.
What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!