FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
Hi all.It is okay ?It was cold for a few days and the soil from 1 vft is a bit freezed,the other not.Some leaves are soft (floppy) and i see on some leaves some veins and are swelled.The sun is not that bright. (I cannot bring them in because of shock,in my room is 21 celsius and in the balcony where i keep them is -5 to -8 celsius) Can you give me some info ? ;)
By moof
They look OK, you can try to make a styrofoam box ore something like that to keep them in, that'll help with the low temperatures. But if the temperature doesn't go below -8*C, I think they'll do fine.
moof liked this
By prpl_trtl
These are the same as mine now,I didn't make next move,I'm waiting to see where to put them and what to do next. But mine changed at the temp of -2`C,a bit strange... What you have done with yours?
By roarke
In my balcony is -8 to -15 celssius.I covered them with newspapers with the shape of a cone,the pot is covered around with paper.But the soil is hard as stone a few times.So in Romania these days is like -25 celssius a few days.What mild winter is ? From -15 to 10 celssius ?
By prpl_trtl
Very cold in Romania,I'm from Montenegro (close to you if you look at all these people) and here is much warmer. Mild winter are about -5 C (23 F) average i think.
Man,I really don't recommend you to leave outside your VFT on that temps. Find some better place. Mine are in bathroom close to open window with avarage temp of 4 C... You could try to put it at your neighbors,if they have garage,or something like that...
prpl_trtl liked this

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!