FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By BxndiTSold
So a couple weeks back almost a month at this point I cut the flower stalk my b52 was attempting to put up, in doing so i damaged a few of the new traps (no biggie there) but for a while the growth seemed like it had came to hault and now…. Well just look! Theres at LEAST 7 new traps coming up from this ONE plant. Is this normal after flowering?
Attachments:
IMG_5943.jpeg
IMG_5943.jpeg (2 MiB) Viewed 1064 times
IMG_5941.jpeg
IMG_5941.jpeg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 1064 times
By sans
Possibly, my VFT started putting out a few more traps after, but since its the b52 maybe it put out more because it grows faster. But darn what size are those traps?!?!? :shock:
By sans
Thats what im hoping to get on my VFTs, lol. But i did recieve a baby from the FTS and i think it may be a cultivar, because it grows super fast, very hardy, (like super tough) and it grows big traps for its size and age!
By BxndiTSold
I just ordered 2 flytraps from CC a dcxl and another b52 because I wanna see how the plant sizes and condition compares accross different nurseries! If you received it from fts and its not tagged then it’s technically I guess typical but typicalls can express a lot of different traits that make them anything but “typical” which isn’t a bad thing! Here’s a “typical” that I got from Lowe’s! Notice how red it is and how long the cilia are!
Attachments:
IMG_5930.jpeg
IMG_5930.jpeg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 1027 times
IMG_5947.jpeg
IMG_5947.jpeg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 1027 times
By Barlapipas 6
I have noticed from experience that when a VFT gets stressed it might produce divisions. I noticed that this happens especially after flowering. Or when one rotted it produced a lot of small divisions ( they rotted too ). Or when some divisions get blocked by bigger ones they might split into more but smaller ones. Even when you repot a VFT it stops for a while but then it explodes in growth even if the substrate is old ( from experience ).
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!