FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Bhart90
They have been popping these stalks up for a while now. cant see what the plant looks like because they are in crevices of the dirt. but their re these tiny two-leved plants growing all over in it
Yet, they have not increased in size, love to know what they are been there since winter. these stalks are new though
Attachments:
Photo(6).jpg
Photo(6).jpg (40.14 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
By Leathal_Traps
Yes it is, most like U. Bisquamta. All those little green leaves on the surface of the media are the leaves.
By bijillon
That looks like a sundew to me but I know literally nothing about bladderworts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Bhart90
Really? How come the "flowers" look nothing like what I'm seeing? In fact those are so small, I can't even tell they are flowers?
By bijillon
What flowers? I'm just saying because it has tentacles with dew on them I have never seen this type of bladderwort. If you could give me the name I would be happy to look it up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By edman007
The big plant in the middle is a sundew, probably Drosera Spatulata, the spike to the left of it and the small leafs to the right are some bladderwort species. The bladderwort does not have dew, it has traps on it's roots. That spike is a flower stalk for the bladderwort, they are suppose to have nice looking flowers (but tiny).
edman007 liked this
By nimbulan
Definitely a common weedy bladderwort. If the flowers are white/purple, it's U. bisquamata. If the flowers are yellow, it's U. subulata. Watch out because they will spread seeds around your collection very easily.
By SFLguy
Because of the way that the flower stalk is shaped, I'd say bisquamata but I've seen subulata without the zig zag flower stalk
By Bhart90
Yea, I know the big plant t is my sundew for the record ... so can I put these tiny bladder worth outside? Are they hardy at all? I just don't want them overrunning my initial collection
By Bhart90
The pictures online show the bisquamata with much bigger flowers and larger plant though ? How much bigger will they get?
By SFLguy
Bhart90 wrote:The pictures online show the bisquamata with much bigger flowers and larger plant though ? How much bigger will they get?
When you look up bisquamata, it usually shows bisquamata Betty's Bay, look for the small flowered form
By Bhart90
Yea still no luck finding one like this, he'll I can't even SEE the flower, like a tiny ass bulb
By benastyy
Bhart90 wrote:They have been popping these stalks up for a while now. cant see what the plant looks like because they are in crevices of the dirt. but their re these tiny two-leved plants growing all over in it
Yet, they have not increased in size, love to know what they are been there since winter. these stalks are new though
Those little stalks come from the moss I'll post pictures I pluck them out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
benastyy liked this
By edman007
benastyy wrote:Those little stalks come from the moss I'll post pictures I pluck them out
It's not the moss (you're thinking of sporophytes), the way you can tell is first the stuff growing on the dirt, there is very little moss and some small leaves. The small leaves are not Drosera, and appear to be Utricularia leaves. Second, and most importantly, the spike coming up has two knob like things in it, it's forked. I have never seen forked sporophytes (well the seta I guess), not to say they don't exist, but if they do they are rare. And third, it looks a whole lot like a Utricularia flower stalk.
By Bhart90
edman007 wrote:
benastyy wrote:Those little stalks come from the moss I'll post pictures I pluck them out
It's not the moss (you're thinking of sporophytes), the way you can tell is first the stuff growing on the dirt, there is very little moss and some small leaves. The small leaves are not Drosera, and appear to be Utricularia leaves. Second, and most importantly, the spike coming up has two knob like things in it, it's forked. I have never seen forked sporophytes (well the seta I guess), not to say they don't exist, but if they do they are rare. And third, it looks a whole lot like a Utricularia flower stalk.
Yeayea the part that was/is throwing me off, is well. The size of the "flowers" and the fact that there's more than one on the stalk, odd.

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!