FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By judithdvorak
Hello, im new at having flytraps (also im sorry for my english) i got it as a gift on my birthday in may. It was already planted in pot from gardener. Everything was fine. First i used destilled water and now i use rain water. But last 2 months my flytrap looks idk sick? Can you help me? I dont know if its all right or what do i do? Lots of traps turned black and died. I still have some but some leaves ale turning yellow. I took pictures so you can see. I fed her twice since i got her. So i do not overfeed her. Please help!
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 2434 times
By toiletshorts
judithdvorak wrote:Hello, im new at having flytraps (also im sorry for my english) i got it as a gift on my birthday in may. It was already planted in pot from gardener. Everything was fine. First i used destilled water and now i use rain water. But last 2 months my flytrap looks idk sick? Can you help me? I dont know if its all right or what do i do? Lots of traps turned black and died. I still have some but some leaves ale turning yellow. I took pictures so you can see. I fed her twice since i got her. So i do not overfeed her. Please help!

Hello

What soil are you using in that pot?
What are your light conditions?
How often do you water it?
By Alderas
By the wide looking leafs I would say it needs more light. Just my $0.02
By VFT_Grower66
Hi, I would say place it in a sunny location, either outside or on a sunny windowsill. Make sure the rain water is fresh and free from minerals. The tray method which you’re using is good for watering however don’t keep it sitting in water for many days take it out for a few days then keep it in water for a few days and so on to avoid root rot. Make sure your the bugs you feed it are disease free. Your flytrap doesn’t look to bad I think it needs better conditions. Remember it’s normal for traps to turn black occasionally they will be replaced by bigger stronger traps. This method has worked for me so far. Happy growing
By Benny
My flytrap seemed to be doing fine the first couple weeks I had it, but the leaves started dying from the center of the leaf, rather than the edges. Is this something to be worried about or is it just another leaf dying?
By steve booth
judithdvorak - Are you in the northern or southern hemisphere?
It is very green indicating a lack of light, if you're in the northern hemisphere and it is outside its probably going dormant. If not what are your conditions and soil?

Cheers
Steve
By Artchic528
Benny wrote:My flytrap seemed to be doing fine the first couple weeks I had it, but the leaves started dying from the center of the leaf, rather than the edges. Is this something to be worried about or is it just another leaf dying?
I highly recommend making a new thread about this and posting pictures. That's the best way to get responses and help.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Artchic528 liked this

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!