FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By FoXTro
So I moved to the new house, and there was not enough sunlight by the window sill. So I moved them to the lamp, and they started to grow a bit faster than my other house?! My other house had a window sill, and gets direct sunlight, but the difference is that this house has humidity and nice heat, and my other house has no humidity, but heat (not a lot) So could a lamp work? I'm using a lamp until I get a grow light for them.
By That one plant boi
If you're talking about a desk lamp, then I wouldn't use that. Desk lamps wouldn't be able to provide enough light to grow healthy flytraps. I would try to give it as much direct sunlight as you possibly can.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
By FoXTro
That one plant boi wrote:If you're talking about a desk lamp, then I wouldn't use that. Desk lamps wouldn't be able to provide enough light to grow healthy flytraps. I would try to give it as much direct sunlight as you possibly can.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
I didn't use a desk lamp. just a lamp with good light to light up a whole room.
By KategoricalKarnivore
The type of lamp doesn’t matter. What matters is the bulb you put in it. What plants are you growing under it and what bulb is in it? I use 100 watt 6500K CFLs for some plants and they work just fine.
By FoXTro
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:The type of lamp doesn’t matter. What matters is the bulb you put in it. What plants are you growing under it and what bulb is in it? I use 100 watt 6500K CFLs for some plants and they work just fine.
To be honest, I don't know what bulb it is, but some how the plants are growing fine and heathy under it.
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!