FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Sukielol
I don't actually know about love bugs too much. From the information I read, they only feed on dead or rotting organic plant matter. I assume they should be fine to feed your plants as long as it can actually fit inside your trap/pitcher/sundew leaf since they are usually come in a pair. Although since they're beetles, they may end up flying away or something. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Sukielol liked this
By Sukielol
Eaderjay wrote:Thanks! btw the ones I have are probably almost dead because around this time, you can see a huge pile (about 2cm high) of dead / almost dead love bugs on my doorstep!
Watch this video to see!
https://youtu.be/fwjr-cU7LUU
Well, if they're mostly all dead then you should probably feed the nearly dead ones. This way you won't have to fake out the flytrap and the bug will trigger the plant for you.
By KategoricalKarnivore
All my flytraps are full and gorging on love bugs right now. They eat them right up. My pitcher plants and sundews are full of em too.
Supercazzola liked this
By ice2k15
Huntsmanshorn wrote:Now see, this is why I love forums. I had never heard of "love bugs" until now. I'm off to learn more! Thanks!
love bugs were genetically created at lsu in alexandria,la to eat mosquitos....sadly all they do is love each other and bug the mess outta us...however i have found that vfts and pitcher plants do well on love bugs (and some bloodworms)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
By ice2k15
yeah love bugs r fine at least with my vfts....just make sure to seperate them and maybe pull the wings off (for vfts) but fine if the couple go in other cps as 1

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!