FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By seba777
Hi, I am making a bog garden and I was wondering if a ceph would do good? I researched the plants and I decided that if I did add the plant that I would put it in the deepest part of the bog in the shade of larger plants.
By SundewWolf
I don't think that would be optimal. Ceph's don't really like to be waterlogged. Soil mixes for them are well draining, usually with lots of sand, perlite, or in my case red lava rock. Also, where do you live? They prefer mild conditions as opposed to being subject to hot weather (above 80's) and freezing.
By nimbulan
I think they could do well depending on your local climate. I've heard of Cephalotus surviving nightly lows of 20F without any damage, but it's not recommended.

I would agree it would probably be better to put the plant in a drier spot in the bog (though I don't think they're nearly as sensitive to wet conditions as most people do,) and full sun is no problem unless you live in Texas or Arizona or somewhere like that.
By seba777
For my area, the summer high is about 110 degrees Fahrenheit with summer lows of 60 degrees Fahrenheit. The winter lows are 40 degrees Fahrenheit and a winter high of 75 degrees Fahrenheit.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!