FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By ironjaws
Ok, to start on a sad note, the Mirror mimic did not make it at all. I did my best but the leaves all died, there was no new growth and the rhizomes all turned to mush. :cry: .

The Angelwings mimic has grown some new traps but they do not look like angelwings at all, it looks like a typical; no deformities in the trap shape or leaf shape. :|

Needless to say, I am going to have to revise my grow list.

Oh, by the way, I'm planning on growing a big ol' pot of seed growns next year. I see that the flytrap store still has seeds available; if I were to buy some seeds, would I be able to store them until next year, or should I plant them and start growing them this month, or should I just wait until next year to buy the seeds? :?
By MandTTerrarium13
Tyler and I too got our stater plants from lowes. Our purp looks just like yours actually except it is starting to turn a little red and veiny. it had two pitchers but one had a lot of rot so we had to cut it :( we also have 3 typical vfts and another pitcher plant with no pitchers yet.

-Mike
By ironjaws
MandTTerrarium13 wrote:Tyler and I too got our stater plants from lowes. Our purp looks just like yours actually except it is starting to turn a little red and veiny. it had two pitchers but one had a lot of rot so we had to cut it :( we also have 3 typical vfts and another pitcher plant with no pitchers yet.

-Mike
Great. For some reason every time I go to Lowes I end up at the orchid section where they keep the carnivorous plants. I've gotten flytraps(dormant), a purp(dormant), sundews(not doing too well at the moment), nepenthes(doing pretty good), and a pinguicula(doing alright). It's been a great place to try out new plants and, along with this awesome forum, learn about cultivation and care.

Good luck to you and Tyler with your plants!! :D

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!