FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Fly Trap Hunter
Please. please. please go away. Looking really bad for Caribbean and Florida right now. Not looking bad for NC really, but we are watching. Don't forget victims of Harvey. Still a lot of heartaches in Texas and the gulf coast.
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By twitterglitter
I really hope is loses a lot of strength. Florida is being evacuated as I type this. My daughter is in Orlando and can't book a flight out. They are taking a rental car back to Dallas.

What's worse is there are two more hurricanes developing behind Irma. Tennessee taskforce 1 just got back from Houston two days ago, and they are being deployed to Alabama today so they will be close to Florida and can get in fast once Irma does it's thing.

This is not looking good at all. I really do hope this thing storms itself out before hitting the Carolinas. It would be even better if it would just miss Florida altogether. The devastation in Texas is too much already.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
By Fly Trap Hunter
twitterglitter wrote:I really hope is loses a lot of strength. Florida is being evacuated as I type this. My daughter is in Orlando and can't book a flight out. They are taking a rental car back to Dallas.

What's worse is there are two more hurricanes developing behind Irma. Tennessee taskforce 1 just got back from Houston two days ago, and they are being deployed to Alabama today so they will be close to Florida and can get in fast once Irma does it's thing.

This is not looking good at all. I really do hope this thing storms itself out before hitting the Carolinas. It would be even better if it would just miss Florida altogether. The devastation in Texas is too much already.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
there's enough problems in Texas that we don't need any more problems. Yes the governer of Florida issued an evacuation for the whole state, every county. a Cat 1 or 2 isn't a big deal but a 3, 4 or 5 is devastating. 5 is total devastation. like a nuclear bowb was dropped. People that don't live near the coast don't get it. I hope your daughter and family is safe.

I hope it fizzles out before it gets to the Carolina's or Fly Trap Country. :shock: :)
We have a few forum members in Texas to remember also
By Fly Trap Hunter
whatsgrowingon wrote:Yep, I live in Florida and will be moving all my plants into the garage and hoping for the best.
what area are you in? will you evacuated if necessary? I will stay for a Cat 1 or 2, idk about a cat 3 plus. I havnt left because of a hurricane since I move here to this island in 2008.
By SFLguy
If it hits as a Cat 4 it'll be a hell of a lot better

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
By SFLguy
Currently in a mandatory evacuation zone but this building is also a concrete block that weathered Andrew with minimal damage

By Fly Trap Hunter
SFLguy wrote:If it hits as a Cat 4 it'll be a hell of a lot better

Why do you say that? I wouldn't want to be there in a cat 4, not even in a concrete building. You might not have water or electricity for days/weeks. and no emergency services. But some people know how to weather the storms. I love the storms, but idk about a cat 4. :roll:
By SFLguy
Because as bad as a cat 4 is, it's not a cat 5
We have supplies for over a week so we will hopefully be alright
My dad wouldn't leave so I wasn't going to leave him here lol

SFLguy liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
SFLguy wrote:Because as bad as a cat 4 is, it's not a cat 5
We have supplies for over a week so we will hopefully be alright
My dad wouldn't leave so I wasn't going to leave him here lol

ok I get it. Glad you are staying with your Dad
By SFLguy

We should be good haha
Plants? Maybe not so good

By KategoricalKarnivore
I hope all of y'all stay safe. I just rode out Harvey and it's crazy. I've been gutting my mother in laws house since Monday. She got 7 feet of water in her house. We have torn everything out. All that's left is the roof ceiling and studs. Everything else, all her possessions are in a pile at the side of the road. I hope none of you have to go through that.
By Fly Trap Hunter
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:I hope all of y'all stay safe. I just rode out Harvey and it's crazy. I've been gutting my mother in laws house since Monday. She got 7 feet of water in her house. We have torn everything out. All that's left is the roof ceiling and studs. Everything else, all her possessions are in a pile at the side of the road. I hope none of you have to go through that.
That's terrible. sorry to hear that. I don't think people realize its mold that ruins everything and nothing to stop it from growing. :(
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By Orit
not every county in FL is under an evacuation order, just all of monroe and parts of dade and broward (maybe others as well). i was visiting family around ft Lauderdale and it's been nonstop as you can imagine. i changed my flight back from Sunday to Saturday morning, but the flight Saturday got cancelled, and luckily i managed to get a ticket on an even earlier flight. cut short my vacation and time with family, as did Matthew on my last trip a year ago, but so long as everyone is safe, I'm not complaining. good luck to everyone along the east coast. my heart goes out to those on the islands, especially with jose potentially posing a threat.

southwest is an awesome airline, i was able to change my tickets several times as early as last Monday or Tuesday with no fees or fare increase. both my sisters were supposed to be flying on American and United on saturday and they were charging huge fees even as of yesterday. truly despicable.

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!