FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Nourhan ateout
Hello! I’m an experienced beta fish owner and have a green thumb for aquatic plants. Unfortunately, it’s a different story when it comes to regular plants. I’m a first time Venus fly trap owner. I made sure to do my research very carefully for vft and got carnivorous soil, a proper pot with drainage holes, use distilled water, and even added sphagnum moss to aid in moisture. I’m experiencing some issues with my vft and flaming Katy but I will explain of course in a seperate post. I just want to say vft are my favorite kind of plant. I mean who doesn’t love a plant that can eat bugs!!! I believe I have dragon variety of vft from my local sprouts. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys and making new friends :D
By evenwind
Welcome!
By MaxVft
Welcome to the forums!
By Nocturne
Damn welcome fellow aquascaper, salute to you by posting my own aquascape lolImage
ImageImage

By MikeB
Welcome to the madness!
Nourhan ateout wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:46 pm Hello! I’m an experienced beta fish owner and have a green thumb for aquatic plants.
One fringe benefit of my carnivorous plant hobby: when the mosquitoes are dumb enough to breed in my watering trays, my bettas get some tasty meals.
MaxVft liked this
By MaxVft
MikeB wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:57 am Welcome to the madness!
Nourhan ateout wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:46 pm Hello! I’m an experienced beta fish owner and have a green thumb for aquatic plants.
One fringe benefit of my carnivorous plant hobby: when the mosquitoes are dumb enough to breed in my watering trays, my bettas get some tasty meals.
If you were to keep a utric in there, would it eat the mosquito larvae by any chance? :)
By MikeB
MaxVft wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:09 am If you were to keep a utric in there, would it eat the mosquito larvae by any chance? :)
I try to let my trays go dry periodically so the plants aren't constantly sitting in water. When it rains a lot, the trays don't dry out, and the blood-suckers take advantage of that. I usually crumble up some mosquito dunk and sprinkle the bits in the tray. A couple days later, nothing is moving in that water. :twisted:

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!