FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By pieguy452
I have been wondering, is it safe to use insecticides and fungicides for flytrap seedlings? I use Acephate 75sp and Ortho max garden disease control. Could I use either of these on my seedlings if i ever have a problem? Would I have to lower the mixture ratio for a gallon?
By Veronis
Matt wrote:I'd feel comfortable using both Acephate and Ortho max on seedlings. I'd probably start at 0.5 tsp/gallon for the Acephate though.
I'm a little clumsy with knowledge of fungicides and the like, and I'm also interested in getting something like this to keep around.

Can you be specific about which acephate and ortho max you use? I ran searches on e.g. Amazon/Google Shopping for both of those names and came up with lots of different yet similar products.
By Matt
Veronis wrote:Can you be specific about which acephate and ortho max you use?
This is the acephate I use:
http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/aceph ... p-398.html
And Ortho Max Garden Disease Control:

I put that Ortho Max Garden Disease Control on every plant as it comes out of tissue culture.
Matt, Matt, Matt liked this
By pieguy452
Thats even better :)

The biggest pest problem I have with my seedling are those little fungus gnats. They are usually harmless to my other plants, but seem to bother my seedlings. They also can get very annoying when grown indoors. I hope acephate gets rid of them :)

I wish I had known acephate smelled terrible. When I got it, I had no idea where that bad smell came from. I opened up the acephate and sniffed the inside to see if it was the cause. Turns out it was, and I will never forget that absolutely awful, awful odor ( I still feel like I can smell it) :lol:

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!