FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By renesis
Yeah, this was awesome! Part of the BBC Life series.

The 'Plants' episode airs tonight, I'm sure they will include this among other carnivores! This clip was from the first part, but they have usually extended the detail in the following parts. Can't wait to see it.

Devon also shared this link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNCaYZ9faw with sundews in the background of the pebble toad (in the second part of the series). I believe this was from Venezuela.
By Matt
renesis wrote:The 'Plants' episode airs tonight, I'm sure they will include this among other carnivores! This clip was from the first part, but they have usually extended the detail in the following parts. Can't wait to see it.
That's great! What channel? I wonder if I can get it?
renesis wrote:Devon also shared this link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwNCaYZ9faw with sundews in the background of the pebble toad (in the second part of the series). I believe this was from Venezuela.
Yeah, that's on the tepuis! Awesome! I think that the sundew is the Drosera meristocaulis.
By renesis
Matt wrote: That's great! What channel? I wonder if I can get it?
I don't think we can get it on this side of the world. Sent you pm.
By goldslinger
Yea, David Attenborough's (sp)? shows are the greatest; over and out. He has the perfect voice for narration.

Gary
By ModeratelyExcessive
That was AWESOME!

Amazing close up camera work! Sounds effects were pretty neat too, even if they're added in post production.
By hackerberry
Awesome vid, I hope they release a Blu Ray dvd of the Life series.

hb
By Steve_D
Wow, just WOW! to both of the videos. Thanks so much Matt for the link to the first one about Venus Flytraps. The second is great too. The added sound effects in the Flytrap video are humorous, and the camera work is amazing. The other video, of the tiny black frog on the South American tepuis, with a guest appearance by (it appears, as Matt mentioned) Drosera meristocaulis, is wonderful as well.

If the full-length version of these videos comes out on DVD and is available in the U.S., I'm buying them :!:
By Matt
hackerberry wrote:Awesome vid, I hope they release a Blu Ray dvd of the Life series.

hb
Man, me too! I have the Discovery "Planet Earth" on Blu-Ray and I love it.
Steve_D wrote:If the full-length version of these videos comes out on DVD and is available in the U.S., I'm buying them :!:
Yep, me too!
By lemonlily
Traps don't make sounds, lol.
By Veronis
That was a great video. Thanks for sharing. I can't imagine what kind of camera is required to get such detailed macro videos.
By sterwick
I agree- what an amazing camera! David Attenborough is a great narrator. When he was younger, he wrote and explored the landscape of his documentries. I like his life in the freezer series.

Stevo.
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!