FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By kevinqwe
you need to sterilize seeds? what for? is it optional?
how do you guys know it is 10% bleach?
also what is hydrogen peroxide
By NZL
- In TC everything needs to be sterilized. If there's only 1 tiny bacteria on the seed, it'll grow like crazy on TC medium.
- 10% bleach is a volume %. This means, on 100 mL solution, 10 mL will be pure bleach.
The bleach i buy in the store is 15%. To go from this to 10%, you'll have to add distilled water. The volume of distilled water to be added is half the volume of the 15% solution. Example: in 200 mL 15% bleach, you'll have to add 100 mL distilled water. Then you'll have 300 mL 10%.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is in dutch known as Oxygen Water. The chemical formula is H2O2.
It should be readily available at your local drugstore.
By Matt
NZL wrote:- 10% bleach is a volume %. This means, on 100 mL solution, 10 mL will be pure bleach.
The bleach i buy in the store is 15%. To go from this to 10%, you'll have to add distilled water. The volume of distilled water to be added is half the volume of the 15% solution. Example: in 200 mL 15% bleach, you'll have to add 100 mL distilled water. Then you'll have 300 mL 10%.
So my post was a little misleading. The bleach I buy is 6% sodium hypochlorite. I mix 10mL of it to every 90mL of distilled water to get a 10% bleach solution, which is actually a 0.6% sodium hypochlorite (pure bleach) solution.
By hackerberry
Here are the Burmanniis in Ex-Vitro. Too fresh that they don't have their nice coloration yet.

Near mature size plants in 3 months.

hb
By hackerberry
Thanks guys!
Matt wrote:Wow, they look great Jun! I can't believe you were able to pot them up and keep them so clean. How are you hardening them off? Are you using something to keep them covered so the humidity is high?
Yes I do Matt. I keep them under my T5 lights while covered to still have 100% humidity and gradually lower the RH. Just opening the cover a small bit every 3 days.

hb
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!