FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Villamos
Greetings
So few days ago I bought a Nepenthes from the local garden shop and I would really like to know what variety it is. The pot didn't have a label on it and the website just says Nepenthes SP.
I should also add that it costs as much as a VFT, and it is currently the size of my hand with my fingers splayed.
Google search suggests it might be a Judith Finn nepenthes, but why does the website say sp :o
Your thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Attachments:
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-20 at 11.19.15 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-20 at 11.19.15 (1).jpeg (136.55 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-20 at 11.19.15.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-20 at 11.19.15.jpeg (238.54 KiB) Viewed 2608 times
By Fieldofscreams
If its from a regular local plant nursery its most likely a Ventrata or a Ventricosa. They are so easy to grow that it makes them cheap and easy to sell to the local Joe Bob consumer.
Fieldofscreams liked this
By Villamos
Fieldofscreams wrote:If its from a regular local plant nursery its most likely a Ventrata or a Ventricosa. They are so easy to grow that it makes them cheap and easy to sell to the local Joe Bob consumer.
I hope so!
Thanks
By Fieldofscreams
Mines doing great, all I did is threw it outside. It didn't do much for about 2 weeks and then it went right back to growing profusely and pitchering.
Fieldofscreams liked this
By Villamos
Fieldofscreams wrote:Mines doing great, all I did is threw it outside. It didn't do much for about 2 weeks and then it went right back to growing profusely and pitchering.
Oh cool cool
Mine is indoors but gets full sun in the morning and really bright light for the rest of the day, humidity is usually between 75% right after misting to around 55%.
So yeah hoping for the best! :mrgreen:
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Villamos wrote: Mine is indoors but gets full sun in the morning and really bright light for the rest of the day, humidity is usually between 75% right after misting to around 55%.
So yeah hoping for the best! :mrgreen:
Where do you live? If your in a warmer climate and if your not careful you could burn you plant. The humidity should be good but high temperatures combined with sun could cause it to overheat.
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Fieldofscreams wrote:I wouldn't worry about high temps with a ventrata.

Check out the member in my thread, he grows them outside in Texas and pretty much neglects them.
i-bit-the-bullet-and-going-to-give-it-a-try-t39085.html

Remarkable. I really underestimated the hardiness of them. I wonder what the exact temperature they receive in those conditions.
By Villamos
Where do you live? If your in a warmer climate and if your not careful you could burn you plant. The humidity should be good but high temperatures combined with sun could cause it to overheat.
In Budapest, Hungary, with Europe's second largest river in direct sight no more that 50 meters away :mrgreen:
I have a combined thermometer/hygrometer and the highest it went was 29 when I wrapped the pot in clear plastic bc I was trying something, usually it averages between 26-24 degrees Celsius.
Ventrata's are basically the weeds of nepenthes. Just about bullet proof
Yesssssssss

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!