ICPS Seedbank

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants
mo_carnivore

ICPS Seedbank

by mo_carnivore » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:46 am

When I look at the see bank for the ICPS, there is a small selection of species that comes up. Is this because I haven't donated any seed? Will donating some seed give me access to more options? These are probably frequently asked questions, so sorry in advance.

Fishman

Re: ICPS Seedbank

by Fishman » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:19 am

As of tonight, i see 949 available. Dont know if that answers your question, but thats how many i see that are available.

nimbulan

by nimbulan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:38 am

Yes there is a section with less common species reserved for people who donate. It's not just once, there's a certain amount you have to donate to get access.

mo_carnivore

by mo_carnivore » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Fishman, can you see each individual species, or just the number?

Fishman

by Fishman » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:20 pm

mo_carnivore wrote:Fishman, can you see each individual species, or just the number?

Each species. Ive donated a little in the past, but i do not know if it was enough to gain any additional access to any other seeds or not...

Shadowtski
Super User

by Shadowtski » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:39 pm

nimbulan wrote:Yes there is a section with less common species reserved for people who donate. It's not just once, there's a certain amount you have to donate to get access.

That's changed recently. There used to be a "donor's seed list" where the rare and one-off species were listed. That was eliminated this Summer. I emailed Joe Griffin, the ICPS Seedbank Manager. Now, when you donate seed, you give them a wish list and they give you what they have. I asked for some "interesting Drosera". They sent me some D. spaulata "Hong Kong", a D. spatulata hybrid, and some D. scorpioides gemmae .

Your best bet now, is donate seed and send them your wish list and your email address.

Good growing,
Mike

The following users would like to thank Shadowtski for this post
mo_carnivore

mo_carnivore

by mo_carnivore » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Would any ol' seed work? I'm not trying to rip them off or anything, but the only seed I have now or will have in the near future is some typical capensis.

Fishman

by Fishman » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:48 pm

mo_carnivore wrote:Would any ol' seed work? I'm not trying to rip them off or anything, but the only seed I have now or will have in the near future is some typical capensis.

Just a thought, but maybe someone here on the forums has something youre looking for?

mo_carnivore

by mo_carnivore » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:37 am

I'm not looking really for anything right now (that would be able to be seed-grown, that is) so I guess I just want to know how to get access to the other species. Thanks everyone for the replies, though!

Return to All other Carnivorous Plants/General CP Discussions