FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions and share knowledge about cameras and photographic technique

Moderator: Matt

By Devon
Hey everyone, I know my B-day is far away, but I think I decided what I wanted for a few months now... I would like a new high-quality camera. Right now I have a digital camera with auto-focus, I don't like it very much, it is very hard o take a close-up when there is a far away background. Anyway, does anyone have any good camera suggestions or hints on taking good pics?
Thanks,
Devon Blomquist
By Devon
it is a Kodak easyshare thing. I'm not good with all the camera stuff but on the camera it says EX optical zoom... I'm not sure if that is the camera name or if it is just saying it can zoom in far or something... It also says C613, I think that is the camera name. lol, not EX optical zoom. :P
By Devon
it does, but they aren't very good. They camera doesn't take the extreme clear pictures like the good ones do, that is what I would like. My camer takes blurry close ups as you can see in this pic... it took forever to take.

By Adam
That doesn't look that bad.. Did you study the instruction manual?
By Devon
yeah, I did. It just doesn't take that SUPER clear picture... like the ones that Matt has, but I know his camera probly costed thousands of dollars.
By Adam
I don't think you have to spend a lot to get a good camera. Mine didn't cost more than $200 and has really good macro capabilities. All it is is a Canon elf.
By WORMSS
I have myself a "Sony H50"... Love the camera, but now that I got it, I know I don't need a camera as good as it is :D...
It has settings all the way from Full Auto to 100% Manual. there is even an option to go below full auto, which I like to call "Mum Mode"
In Mum Mode there is two settings each with two options. "Size: Large, Small", and "Flash: Auto, Off"..

The macro mode is really good.
the 2 gripes I have with it is its size, [its not something you can just take to pizzahut with ur friends in ur pocket for some silly snapshots] and [when REALLLY REALLLLLLLY close in, the flash is obscured by the lense itself, so you get this shadow over what u are actually pointing at, I for mine have to zoom in by x1.9 and pull the camera back..

In sunlight tho you dont get that problem and its GODLIKE!
By Devon
is tat the camera you took your VFT seedling pictures with? If it as, then I like it. How much did it cost about?
By WORMSS
£300, but that was with the whole 5 years warrenty and Sony 4gb MS Pro Duo mk2 and a 2nd Battery..
By Devon
that's a good price, right? My friends brother told me that really good camera's cost thousands of dollars.
By WORMSS
SLR's can, yes..
My girlfriend is a Professional Photographer.. and her personal camera makes mine look like a Disposable..
and the one she uses at work makes hers look like a disposable... her friend brought a lense for her camera which cost £600, and that was just a lense... and it was DOUBLE what my entire camera cost...

The next step up from my camera was a Basic SLR camera.. so mine is [/was] the highest non-slr camera u could get from Sony.

The reason i love buying sony is because of the Carl Zeiss (sp?) Lenses they use.. they make the microscopic Medical equiptment and Medical research lenses.. So I trust them very much :D

But I have never used another Make of camera.. its alot of money for me to spend on a product from a company I had never used before..
so I'm not saying the SOny - H50 is the best non-slr camera u can get... just.. Its recommend it from someone whose got one.
By Devon
ok, thankyou. I love taking photos but I'm just not that good at it, so... yeah. but I still would like a good camera. :D Thanks for your information. :)
By WORMSS
If you like, I can see if laura [my girlfriend] would like to make a few comments about camera's here???.. she obviously knows a hell of alot more than me..

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!