FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Goodkoalie
I recieved this plant in a give away a couple of weeks ago. It just sat there doing nothing until last week while i was gone. It has colored up nicely under my lights, it used to be mostly green. It is also growing a few new leaves.

The whole plant

The new leaf growing on the main growing point

A smaller new leaf growing
[url=https://flic.kr/p/qgnizg]Image

Even my sphagnum moss is starting to grow again
Last edited by Goodkoalie on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
By tish
Wow. Indeed it seems to like your setup. Mines sitting and doing nothing like ceph. I've been watching it everyday and filling the pitchers with water.
tish liked this
By Goodkoalie
KissMegan wrote:Ahhhh looks amazing!! What kind of heli is it? Mine Just started putting out an adult pitcher when I gave it more direct light :D
ps3isawesome wrote:where did you get this from? looks amazing!!! love the way it clumps together and multiple growth points
It Is a minor x heterdexia

I won it on a giveaway on sarracenia proboards :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
By Maiden
Very nice heli !
I confirm; its a happy plant :)

If the moss thrive, your plants will thrive !

Also, if you throw good light, cool temps and hight relative humidity, im pretty sure your clump will pop a flower in the next few months :)
Maiden liked this
By Goodkoalie
Maiden wrote:Very nice heli !
I confirm; its a happy plant :)

If the moss thrive, your plants will thrive !

Also, if you throw good light, cool temps and hight relative humidity, im pretty sure your clump will pop a flower in the next few months :)
Wow. I did not know it could flower at such a small size.

I currently have it in a plastic bag under my lights since it was recently divided and repotted. Should i keep it in the bag or take it out and spray it several times a day?
By Maiden
Yes :) Your plant is in fact a clump of plants. Many plants together linked by their roots are always stronger. And under good cares, the flower will come, even on very little clumps :)

For your question, if the RH% is over 80% in your tank, you can unbag your plant. No need to mist.

To tell the truth, i never bag my divisions or my new helis. I just pot them and put them directly with my other helis. I never lost a helis. But like i said, the relative humidity need to be very high.

Francois
Maiden liked this
By Goodkoalie
Maiden wrote:Yes :) Your plant is in fact a clump of plants. Many plants together linked by their roots are always stronger. And under good cares, the flower will come, even on very little clumps :)

For your question, if the RH% is over 80% in your tank, you can unbag your plant. No need to mist.

To tell the truth, i never bag my divisions or my new helis. I just pot them and put them directly with my other helis. I never lost a helis. But like i said, the relative humidity need to be very high.

Francois
To be honest i do not have a tank yet. Here is it's setup currently. I have a tank to use but i am not sure what light fixture to use on them :) What are you using for your lights?
Attachments:
Setup
Setup
20141205_220740_resized.jpg (165.28 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
By Goodkoalie
Yay my tank is all set up. The plant seems happy in it. Currently I have a N. Alata d. Capensis, d. Binta in with it as well. It is also out if the bag. The new leafs are getting bigger and fatter every day.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!