FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By DTDream18
In a few years there won't be a Fly that's safe anywhere in my house ....

Question ... What should I do with these seedlings this winter season ? Do they require a dormancy period ?
Attachments:
Seedlings (2).jpg
Seedlings (2).jpg (88.48 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
Seedlings (1).jpg
Seedlings (1).jpg (113.55 KiB) Viewed 1917 times
By Earthy
they might still go into a resting period if they want to no matter how much you try to keep them awake lol. mine did last year and they were only like 6 months old. but it didn't last long. hopefully they don't do that this year lol. which is why those are coming inside early under the lights :)
By katya_dog1
They do well the first year without dormancy. If you grow them on a windowsill, they will go dormant unless you artificially increase the photoperiod.
By Earthy
katya_dog1 wrote:They do well the first year without dormancy. If you grow them on a windowsill, they will go dormant unless you artificially increase the photoperiod.
mine still did even though the lights were on for 15 hours lol...guess Mother Nature thought they needed a rest. I noticed they had basically stopped growing as fast as they were, then after a couple of weeks they resumed their growth. the only reason I only have 2 left is because I kept them too wet; they were my first successful seedlings grown past the tiny stage. now I have one big one and 7 small ones lol...
By katya_dog1
What lights were you using? Mine were only on a 14 hour photoperiod, but I was using T5s, so that could have made a difference.

Two weeks is a short dormancy, however. Perhaps they were stressed and just slowed down while they adjusted.
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!