FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Mawy_Plants
Alright my CP addicts, I’m back and making my presence known!!

As many of you may have experienced in your first years of growing, I had a dip in my focus on these plants the end of last year (2018). Not that I didn’t love them, I was just overwhelmed with what I accumulated and life outside plants took hold so nature plucked out the “weaker” ones.

I am left with quite a variable collection and still propagating what I do have. Thank you, zone 10a! Things have settled for me enough lately that I’ve done some carnivorous plant related activities the last month or so and only hoping to do more. I know, how opposite with fall approaching. Moreso moving plants around and planting into larger pots so they’re nice and cozy come winter. I’ll for sure get around to pics, hopefully this week - updating older threads as I like to keep things together - and also get back to those few I left hanging in my messages! And those I mentioned trading plants with, I still got you! Thank goodness they came back after my neglect.

Hoping to get back into the swing of things and more active again this time around.

Hello again to all the peeps I befriended here and welcome to the new enthusiasts! Happy to be back!!

Good growing!
Mary
By Mawy_Plants
Going well, thanks! Yourself? How’re your plants??

Enjoyed the morning doing some weeding, stalk trimming, and seed sorting. I am ready! Not planning on additions until all the ones I have are repotted and sorted out, maybe attempt for clones of others.

I’ll post some pics in my old threads. Appreciate you checking in!
mouthstofeed wrote:Hey! How's it going? Are you sure you want to get back into the addiction?
By mouthstofeed
Mawy_Plants wrote:Going well, thanks! Yourself? How’re your plants??

Enjoyed the morning doing some weeding, stalk trimming, and seed sorting. I am ready! Not planning on additions until all the ones I have are repotted and sorted out, maybe attempt for clones of others.

I’ll post some pics in my old threads. Appreciate you checking in!
mouthstofeed wrote:Hey! How's it going? Are you sure you want to get back into the addiction?
I and my plants are all doing well. I see a lot of possible divisions in my pots, so I must be growing them right. It has been a brutal summer, though. My rainwater was gone two weeks ago. I am really up against it.

Which of your babies didn't make it?
By Mawy_Plants
I lost a few different sub/tropical Drosera that I was starting out as seed. Some little Cephs, Nepenthes, a couple Pings didn’t last through winter, and other Sarracenia and Dionaea seedlings crapped out on me too. Some Utricularia I was separating and propagating dried up. I know I ignored them for too long at some points so I understand the turnover or lack there of. Those that made it are plentiful tho, so I’m really grateful my overall conditions were enough. I had some mother plants tank, though some pupped via roots.

Really focused on getting what I have now back on track and sorted before really going into the deep end again. Lol.

I’m guessing your plumbing water isn’t suitable? Do you have to purchase a lot while you’re dry then?
mouthstofeed wrote: I and my plants are all doing well. I see a lot of possible divisions in my pots, so I must be growing them right. It has been a brutal summer, though. My rainwater was gone two weeks ago. I am really up against it.

By mouthstofeed
Mawy_Plants wrote:I lost a few different sub/tropical Drosera that I was starting out as seed. Some little Cephs, Nepenthes, a couple Pings didn’t last through winter, and other Sarracenia and Dionaea seedlings crapped out on me too. Some Utricularia I was separating and propagating dried up. I know I ignored them for too long at some points so I understand the turnover or lack there of. Those that made it are plentiful tho, so I’m really grateful my overall conditions were enough. I had some mother plants tank, though some pupped via roots.

Really focused on getting what I have now back on track and sorted before really going into the deep end again. Lol.

I’m guessing your plumbing water isn’t suitable? Do you have to purchase a lot while you’re dry then?
mouthstofeed wrote: I and my plants are all doing well. I see a lot of possible divisions in my pots, so I must be growing them right. It has been a brutal summer, though. My rainwater was gone two weeks ago. I am really up against it.

That's surprising that you lost interest in your seedlings (and your valuable cephs and urts). I myself am always excited to take care of my little ones and am always doting over them.

I did buy water a few times this month, but I have just found a different source of water, and it's free! It's saving my bacon.
By Artchic528
Welcome back and happy growing!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!