FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By WORMSS
So, if anyone remembers me.. I have to say.. HAY, and ask HOW?. lol

But I am guessing this might as well be a standard "Introduction" post since it's been so long.

So let's see..
Hey guys and gals (and others).. I am Colin.. Not been here in many many moons.. Possibly even a decade..
I'm from Coventry, England.
Used to grow VFT's back in the day, and even had a accidental sundew grow on me once..

So, since I was last here.. Lets see... Moved out my parents.. Met a lady or two.. Even found one crazy enough to want to marry me..
liz-and-i.png
liz-and-i.png (458.26 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
Moved into a house together.. Had a child..
zelda.png
zelda.png (239.75 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
The child taken over that whole house, so we moved into a 2nd house, and fingers crossed this one is now big enough to be a 'forever home'..

Now that my daughter is 3¾, and between her and work is not taking up 100% of my time, it's time to get back into the hobby..

Since I will have a bigger space than a tiny desk/windowsill at parents house, and can actually make some reasonable space for some plants I may even be able to keep some alive.. :D

I sadly seem to be struggling to even find photos of some of my plants I grown back in the day..
Though, it is nice to see my avatar is still around which shown one of my favorites that I can remember.

I always struggled to keep my plants growing past their first winter. So hopefully being older and wiser.. or atleast just older, I will be a little more successful.

But I think I am gonna start with sundews this time around. Start with something a little different and then come back to VFTs. So I am going to be super cheeky now and make a request at the seed bank, and research up to see what differences VFT and Sundews want for soil..

.... I do wonder where all my old growing lamps went to... I know I didn't throw them away, and they were still working...
But.. maybe worth investing in some LED ones now??

- Colin.

PS: Thanks Matt for helping me log back in..
By Rachael
Welcome back! I don't grew sundews myself, only VFTs but I'm sure you'll get lots of tips from other members.
By Panman
Welcome back to the forum! Nothing cheeky about hitting up the seed bank at all. There are some great options in there for getting back into the game.
By WORMSS
I've gone simple.. D. scorpioides (gemmae)

I think these are the ones that hitched a ride and started growing unexpectedly on me back in the day..
But as I said, I can't seem to find my photos to confirm..
They are prob dormant on a harddrive, long forgotten somewhere..
I don't throw anything away so I am sure I will still have them... It's just a case of "finding them"... or even if all the harddrives still work after all these years..
thepitchergrower liked this

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!