FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By firefighter75
Bastards got BOTH my B52 premium AND my Pink Venuses!!! I'm pulling out the pellet gun and picking them off as soon as I can.
By jamez
Sorry :(
If you mean B52 premium that Matt has as a size. that should not be included with the name. It can cause confusion :)
By tc3driver
I hate reading these stories.... I normally say something like "there's a shotgun for that"... but I am curious, do the squirrels eat the plants? do they just up-root them? or are they just completely gone?
By Steve_D
Darn it! Very sorry to hear that, firefighter75. Some animals can be absolutely maddening. I've had a single bird here in New Mexico, one that I've never seen before that has a rather long (1.5 inch) downward-curved, sharp beak, that regularly visits my plants when they're outside and mercilessly pulls up many carefully planted baby Flytraps. I have had to be very vigilant and change my habits to avoid his destructive behavior.

Are the two plants completely gone? If they were just damaged but not pulled out entirely, they will probably come back from the bulb (or rhizome, or whatever it should technically be called).
By Max Payne
These are what I use against squirrels and blue jays. ( Solar Powered Owls )

They are big and their eyes are very scary!

The varmits have not came around on my deck since I bought this solar powered owl.

You just have to take it in at night and put it in a different place from time to time.

These owls are worth their weight in gold!

http://www.amazon.com/Dalen-Prod-Natura ... 624&sr=8-1

MP
By carnivorous
Sheesh...your B52 premium?!?! Uugggh!

How extensive was the damage?

Hopefully it can still recover.
By carnivorous
jamez wrote:Sorry :(
If you mean B52 premium that Matt has as a size. that should not be included with the name. It can cause confusion :)
Huh?

That's so off topic from this topic about a B52 premium being damaged by squirrels.

What do you mean "that should not be included with the name", "It can cause confusion"?

Your attempt to be funny?

Is that your lame attempt at sarcasm towards something or someone?

Please elaborate. If you're able to.

Oh yes, coming from a person bragging to have VFTs with 2" traps but, unable to prove it and
unwilling to enter the Largest Dionaea Trap Competition on CPUK Forum and provide
unaltered photographic evidence.

Same as another strange off topic remark (totally unrelated to that thread's topic) bragging about making $1000. No one asked you. Who cares!
Last edited by carnivorous on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:44 am, edited 9 times in total.
By firefighter75
The plants were all uprooted. All of the leaves were dry and brown, and the bulb was hard and brown as well. Dont think there's much I can do to save them. All the roots were torn from the bulb as well.
By tc3driver
You may still be able to salvage them... replant and hope :)
By carnivorous
jamez wrote:If you mean B52 premium that Matt has as a size. that should not be included with the name.
It can cause confusion
firefighter75 wrote:Yea, sorry about that, but that's what it was.
firefighter75, I'm so sorry for distracting your thread.

Why even bother apologizing to that strange statement made by jamez.

It's not even worthy of an apology from you.
By carnivorous
firefighter75 wrote:The plants were all uprooted. All of the leaves were dry and brown, and the bulb was hard and brown as well. Dont think there's much I can do to save them. All the roots were torn from the bulb as well.
Sorry to hear the extent of the damage is that serious.

Damn those New Jersey squirrels! :)

If the B52 premium still has a chance for a recovery...all the best!

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!