FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By Xeno
I like Carrageenan, gelcarin very mutch. Here is some off my cultures in the new gelling agent (:

By goldslinger
Gelcarin GP812 is what Nep and Geoff turned Me onto awhile back. I love it.
You can throw used cultures, gel and all in the dishwasher and they will be clean and won't clog anything. It is ultraclear. It's osmostic properites are great and gel isn't affected by lower PH. I get consistant gel from jar to jar. Cleans off real easy from utensils, plants, etc.

What I don't like about it is that it doesn't have the bounce or strength Agar Has.
Even with that, I won't go back to Agar after using this stuff.

What strength do You use? I've settled on 7.5 to 8Grams/Liter.

Gary
By Xeno
I used 7g/Liter since I always like a little smoother hardness in particular when I use tubes also.
By goldslinger
Xeno wrote:I used 7g/Liter since I always like a little smoother hardness in particular when I use tubes also.
7 is good for tubes, I agree. 7.5 to 8 helps keeping it from splitting and collapsing in the b.food jars, it seems. This level doesn't seem to affect growth, too. I think Geoff with his larger vessels uses at least g Grams, so I know that concentration is good. It also gives better explant support.

Gary
By denverone
Where do you guys get this stuff. I am planning on starting to tissue culture and looking in using this gelling agent.
By nepaholic
Looks good micke
I love the magenta vessels. Clear like glass.
But they are to expensive and if you produce thousands of plants they would be to expensive
By ahicks51
nepaholic wrote:Looks good micke
I love the magenta vessels. Clear like glass.
But they are to expensive and if you produce thousands of plants they would be to expensive
Cheaper from the company. I don't know what they sell for now, but the last time I priced them out, it was $254/100 from Sigma. From PhytoTech, it was $160/100. From Magenta, it was a little over $100/100, but they didn't take credit cards so you needed to call, figure out exactly how much to send them (including shipping), and send them a check. I suppose a money order would have worked, too.
By nepaholic
Thanks for your input Aaron
the vessels I use cost 250vessels for arround 80euro. That's a very nice price
By Xeno
Thnx Nepaholic and yes you are right about the price on the new magenta vessels. I also like the cheap jarrs that you have found for us Jens (: I am soon getting more diffrent jars for test from that company :P
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!