FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By SundewWolf
I was wrong!

The traps DO close, although when one was triggered simply by touching the hairs it did not close. However...when a drop of water with fertilizer was put on the trap, then the hairs triggered the trap eventually closed after multiple hours.
By SundewWolf
I was doing a mass-repotting due to space issues (each of my flytraps were all in completely different shape and size containers leading to neatness/space/organization/transport issues) I now have them all in the same sized pots. and it all fits nicely into a grid in my tray.

I eventually came to my 'butcheeks' and decided to take a look at the rhizome. I examined my 'buttcheeks' and determined that my 'buttcheecks' were big enough to split up into three plants. I'm gonna leave my 'buttchecks' in the water tray overnight like the rest of my flytraps so they soak up a good amount of water after the repotting. I'll have my 'buttchecks' under the same growlights for a few weeks until I stick them outside in full sun for the growing season (ill get home around May 18th and will have a private yard).

I'll post some more pictures of my 'buttcheeks' here once they start getting some good growth on them.

(I think I decided on the name 'buttcheeks' due to the amusement i get from writing/saying stuff like the above)
Attachments:
DSCN2361.JPG
DSCN2361.JPG (696.83 KiB) Viewed 7814 times
SundewWolf liked this
By Rmac88
ironjaws wrote:Your 'buttcheeks' are looking good! :lol:
Lmao! This is a disturbingly interesting topic. And a very unique plant!

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
By SundewWolf
Sorry, I didnt have a macro good enough to catch this, but one of my "buttcheeks" has two heads forming on a fused leaf! (the highest trap relative to the picture)

I can't wait to see if my 'buttcheeks' develope any other mutations during the growing season!

Also, the new growth has resumed to straighten out, like how it looked when I very first posted this topic.
Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (19.69 KiB) Viewed 7772 times
By Wikiwakawakawee
Since you like the name "Buttcheeks" so much, you should probably give credit to the guy who came up with it...just a suggestion ;)
By Kellye8498
Oh my. My kids have fallen in love and are asking where we can get a "buttcheek plant". Any chance you will be selling any in the future?
By mnwatson1
SundewWolf wrote:Sorry, I didnt have a macro good enough to catch this, but one of my "buttcheeks" has two heads forming on a fused leaf!
You might want to have that looked at. ;P
By bvalente
Kellye8498 wrote:Oh my. My kids have fallen in love and are asking where we can get a "buttcheek plant". Any chance you will be selling any in the future?
If you can get a red variety you can call it "monkey butt" :lol:
By SundewWolf
Kellye8498 wrote:Oh my. My kids have fallen in love and are asking where we can get a "buttcheek plant". Any chance you will be selling any in the future?

I might have a division on ebay eventually. I will see how these grow once the warmer weather comes.
SundewWolf liked this
By Wikiwakawakawee
bvalente wrote:
Haha there's already one like that actually:
Wikiwakawakawee liked this
By SundewWolf
bvalente wrote:
I wanna cross my "buttcheeks" around with Trich, Fuzzy, Mirror, etc and see how bizarre of a trap I can make.

I'm not a geneticist, but I believe this plant's genetic makeup has some major abnormalities which may cross over to seedlings due to how pronounced 'butcheeks's phenotype is in regards to trap shape, petiole shape, tooth shape, etc. I'm not 100% sure though and don't know all the details.
By Wikiwakawakawee
Cory wrote:Who wouldn't want a flytrap that's called monkey butt or butt cheeks
Very cool lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All I know, is that I don't want buttcheeks on my Flytraps ;)
Drosera germination time

I know I got the "Redrum" seeds from th[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!