FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Dubb3d F4m0us
Hello. I live in Minnesota, in the United States. Due to the location we literally get the best/ worst of all seasons, and unfortunately I only have a North facing window. For this fact, I am using a terrarium with full spectrum LEDs. The terrarium is big enough for three VFT filled pots with extra room (I planted the seeds almost 2 weeks ago). I have a heating pad under the terrarium and one in it, which only produce a tiny bit more heat. My question is more humidity. Is it overkill to have a small humidifier in there as well? I have one in there at the moment that I fill every morning and set to go off every so often for a bit. I also spritz them with about 7 sprays from the spray bottle every morning as well.
Attachments:
My terrarium
My terrarium
15544195608787119060203468934506.jpg (3.06 MiB) Viewed 1842 times
By Doublebass1985
is this your first time growing any venus flytraps? If it is I wouldn't recommend growing from seed #1 it takes too long and #2 your success is very limited and depends on experience and I haven't had any luck with growing from seed not to say you couldn't ,but it would be better to get some small plants that are already growing.
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
If you want to increase humidity I suggest to cover the top of the terrarium. Not entirely though, still air can lead to algae and fungus. And at that point I would also suggest to not mist so much.
By TheTrapper
https://www.flytrapcare.com/growing-ven ... -from-seed
This is very informative and is very effective. Ive grown a lot of VFT's from seed but as "Doublebass1985" says it does take quite some time ( around 2-3 years) before you can truly enjoy the beauty of the plant. Id recommend growing the seeds still since you've already begun and perhaps getting an adult to tide you over until the babys are bigger. Only bad thing about Flytraps is they grow on you and before you know it you will have all surfaces of your house covered in grow trays and VFTs. Also VFT's are very hardy given good conditions and once grown they do not require high humidity. All they ask is pure water, poor soil, and lots of light. Hope this helps and Good Growing!
All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!