FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By weaver
Hello, everyone! Technically, I've introduced myself before, but after a 4-year hiatus I've decided to become an active, contributing member again on the forums (hence the reintroduction). I've moved around quite a bit since I last posted -
Fayetteville, AR to Charlotte, NC to New York City, NY and now I'm back in Dallas, TX (home sweet home). I used to have quite the collection and had to unfortunately give away/sell nearly all my plants due to my demanding work schedule. I was pretty discouraged for awhile and did not think I would get back into this awesome hobby...until one day, I decided I would order just one plant, a good 'ol 'B52'. Of course, you can can never just have one (or at least I can't anyway) and my collection has been growing ever since (here is my current grow list for those that are interested - I'll post pictures soon).

It makes me happy that this community is still going strong after all these years and that a lot of the users I remember are still active to this day! I look forward to meeting new and old community members, and helping out where I can. For now, I'm going to enjoy the cooler Texas weather with my flytraps.

Good growing,
Josh
Last edited by weaver on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weaver liked this
By KategoricalKarnivore
Welcome fellow Texan. That's quite the collection of VFTs you have there.
By weaver
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Welcome fellow Texan. That's quite the collection of VFTs you have there.
It's nice to meet another Texan! And thank you...I have quite the addiction :lol:
By Fly Trap Hunter
I bet all those beautiful plants feels like a bunch of pirate booty spread all around. I can see why you'd be sad not having your hobby. Thanks for the post
Fly Trap Hunter liked this
By weaver
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:I bet all those beautiful plants feels like a bunch of pirate booty spread all around. I can see why you'd be sad not having your hobby. Thanks for the post
Haha, it definitely feels like treasure to me! :D

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!