FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Adrien
So I live in Texas and I have 3 nepenthese from Calloways nursery and they had good sized pitchers until I can home and put them outside with my Venus flytraps and they produce no pitchers at all anymore and temperatures here are from 94 degrees Fahrenheit to 104 degrees Fahrenheit can y’all help me out??
By Adrien
Huntsmanshorn wrote:What kind of Neps? What are you growing them in? What is your humidity like?
Well I think it’s a nepenthese alata or ventrata and my humidity right now ranges from 40-50
By Bluemoon
If it's from a non-CP store then the Nep is most likely N. ventricosa or ventrata (which is mislabeled as alata). I grew mine outside on a bright porch that never saw direct sunlight and it did very well, though humidity was usually 70%+ even during the day.
Bluemoon liked this
By Adrien
Bluemoon wrote:If it's from a non-CP store then the Nep is most likely N. ventricosa or ventrata (which is mislabeled as alata). I grew mine outside on a bright porch that never saw direct sunlight and it did very well, though humidity was usually 70%+ even during the day.
It was a non-CP store so thanks for the identification and I’ll put mines in shade and I’ll be sure to mist them everyday
By Bluemoon
It could also be N. 'miranda' or other hybrids - once it produces pitchers, you will have a much better idea, though I'd bet it's the hybrid ventrata. I never misted mine and they did fine.
By Adrien
ironcore21 wrote:Yep just water frequently my ventrata stays outside and it pitchers fine with no extra misting I live in texas too btw Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I don’t get how yours are like that! Lol mine aren’t producing any pitchers at all

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!