FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By UnbracingCube
I got these on sale a couple of months ago and the instructions just a to break open the container and make sure you wash off all the growth medium. I didn't feel like I was getting all the growth medium off, I probably shouldn't have let them go so long but it's been really busy, so I have them soaking in distilled water. Any tips on hardening these guys off? I have several more containers to do. Thanks!
Attachments:
20190116_083803.jpg
20190116_083803.jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 2008 times
20190116_083755.jpg
20190116_083755.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 2008 times
By snapperhead51
VFT ex-vitro is fortunately one of the easier plants to harden off, I found rather than washing off the whole plant or plants, it was easier to extract plant or plants individually or grouped and just wash off the media from the root area and not getting any media over the plants that may cause infection in a few days time from mold or rot from media still left on the plant exposed to air, then planting in to per mixed peat and sand mix in a planter box or small pots and place then cover on after wetting in the plants planted out ,cover with the clear lid , good to have some adjustable vent holes in the cover top to allow fresh air in gradually , after say 3 to 4 weeks let more air in by letting the lid off the base more until there able to have full exposure in about 6 to 7 weeks to be on safe side less if condition are ideal,,will depend on humidity and temps you extract them from , best to do in about 15 to 20 c and start at about 50 to 60 % lighting for a few day so tender tips dont get burnt , will vary from country to country with different climates , under lights is the easier and long as do if good ventilation is applied
J

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!