FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
Most of us buy plants from the FTS, and we are all excited about getting it, we post pics in here(members), but we're forgetting to write a brief review of the plants we receive from both Matt and Steve.

If you are like me who likes to read the reviews of others, and search more about the store, the person, plants...etc. I suggest that whether you prefer to wait for them to get stablish or as soon as you get them, write a review on what you think you get, was it worth or not, root system good or bad, plant color...etc.

Not many people decides to join the forums, they don't want to, or others don't know, if i were a new customer just popping right in the FTS, i would want to read or see what others think about an specific product, if i see that there's not many reviews or none, the people might think, they sell in poor quality, or scams, and they go right away to another website that looks more filled with reviews(because they don't know, and don't want to buy from a website who doesn't have reviews), this i can say is very important for people selling things in ebay or amazon. This helps bring more traffic to the FTS when people search for CP's, and that means more people will join the forums helping matt and steve, and us with how they keep their plants and helps stablishs more connections when trading CP's.

So make sure if you buy a plant from the FTS, or if you already have, make sure to add a review, write something like: plants came in excellent conditions, great cheap shipping, the traps are truly red and the plant grows vigoriously, it came well potted, the packing was exceptional, i would order from the FTS again!....etc, whatever your experience is, go back and write a review, i'm sure Matt and Steve would appreciate this! (give a scale of 0/10)?

It will take me a while to write reviews with all the plants i have from the FTS, but i'll make sure to fill the a review for each. For now, i hope some of you can fill those empty reviews if you have ordered a plant from matt and steve! :)
jht-union liked this
By Steve_D
dantt99 wrote:I put reviews of 2 things but they never got put up so I don't anymore.....
Thank you for mentioning this, Daniel. I did some research and believe I found the problem. I think that yours and all previous reviews will appear now. I also enabled a "star rating" (1-5 stars) for products when writing a review. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you jht-union, for bringing up the subject of product reviews at FlytrapStore.com. Hopefully the functionality will work correctly now at FlytrapStore.com. There is a mandatory approval process for reviews to prevent malicious hackers from inserting code in the reviews without the website owners knowing about it, so there may be a delay of 24 hours or more before a review is published, but at least reviews should work now. :)
Steve_D, Steve_D, Steve_D liked this
By dantt99
Steve_D wrote:Thank you for mentioning this, Daniel. I did some research and believe I found the problem. I think that yours and all previous reviews will appear now. I also enabled a "star rating" (1-5 stars) for products when writing a review. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
It's up! Thanks Steve! I will review all my stuff now :D
By Matt
Darn it! I had forgotten about the manual approval of reviews. It had been a terribly long time since I had approved any. I'm glad that you brought this up jht-union and Daniel!
Matt liked this
By David F
Oh man, can I go back and put reviews on products I already got? I would love to put a few reviews on all of the plants I have received.
By jht-union
Another suggestion, not sure if this is possible or not,
but i wish that there was a button for saving username and password when going to the http://flytrapstore.com , i sometimes forget i have an account, and i think while i login, then someone else will take the plant from me. is there a way of saving your username and password? in that way i won't have to login again!
That would be fabolous! :)
By Steve_D
jht-union wrote:is there a way of saving your username and password? in that way i won't have to login again!
Usually web browsers (such as FireFox) will offer to do this for you, and store your username/password in a file on your own computer. However, if you're using a public computer (like at a library), then it's probably not a good idea. But on your home computer with a good web browser (any of them except Internet Exploder) you could have the browser remember the information.
By jht-union
Steve_D wrote:Usually web browsers (such as FireFox) will offer to do this for you, and store your username/password in a file on your own computer. However, if you're using a public computer (like at a library), then it's probably not a good idea. But on your home computer with a good web browser (any of them except Internet Exploder) you could have the browser remember the information.
My computer does remember the information, but only when i have internet open and i don't close the window. But when i shut down the computer and back on again and go to inthernet that's when i have to type again the username and password. I'm not too much in the flytrapstore.com, but whenever i am in there, i wish i could save my password and username like in the FTC. :)
By Steve_D
jht-union wrote:My computer does remember the information, but only when i have internet open and i don't close the window.
What web browser do you use? I use FireFox, and it asks if one wants to save the username and password, and then automatically fills in that information in a login window, even if the computer is shut down between visits. :)
By jht-union
Steve_D wrote:What web browser do you use? I use FireFox, and it asks if one wants to save the username and password, and then automatically fills in that information in a login window, even if the computer is shut down between visits.
ummh,

I don't really know the web browser i'm using, how do i found out?

Thanks Steve!
By RogerMcAllen
jht-union wrote:
Steve_D wrote:What web browser do you use? I use FireFox, and it asks if one wants to save the username and password, and then automatically fills in that information in a login window, even if the computer is shut down between visits.
ummh,

I don't really know the web browser i'm using, how do i found out?

Thanks Steve!
If you don't know I'm guess you are using Internet Explorer.

On the menu bar click on the "Help" tab, at the bottom there should be a choice for "About X" where X is your browser name. Click on that option and post your browser name and version number. If you can't find help just hold the alt key and press H and then A.
By jht-union
Thanks Mcallen, i use internet explorer 8! :)

So what's the next step steve or Mcallen to save the password and username?

Thanks in advanced!
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!