FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the UK or EU

Moderator: Matt

By tothkonrad33
Hey guys, so today I was searching for some nepenthes seeds on eBay and I stumbled
upon this sale. It sells 10 nepenthes rajah seeds for a pretty low price...

Is this sale legit? I know that N rajah are pretty pricey and rare, and I've heard of countless people being scammed online... So, can I trust this sale?

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk
By Greenthumbs Garden
when something sounds too good to be true, it normally is. This is how these people attract people in, cheap prices.
Id be super wary, have a look at his reviews, if he has hundreds of positive reviews, a website and so maybe he's legit
By tothkonrad33
He has 4000+ positive reviews and only 54 negative ones... should I give it a try?

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk
By Leathal_Traps
You can give it a try, but I doubt you'll get the real deal. You will probably get seeds from some common species, but you never know.
By edman007
As for the positive feedback, if they sell seed you can't identify it within 60 days, if it's the wrong species eBay won't let you leave feedback that says so because it will be past the feedback cutoff date.
By nimbulan
It really depends on the seller. I would expect any seeds coming from areas where Nepenthes grow natively to have a high likelihood to be poached, especially if they are sold by the pod. Those seeds are also naturally pollinated so they can often be unknown hybrids.

Coming from elsewhere, it's hard to say. I wouldn't touch any auction that doesn't list a harvest date since the shelf life on Nepenthes seeds is so low. The very low price may be an indication that they are old seeds that will not germinate.

Fantastic!!! Glad you were successful *and* glad […]

Are you a fellow Michigander? I’m in Roches[…]

1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!