FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By Doomsday
TCMaster wrote:Have been prepared liquid media (MS, QL, DKW) and keep them in fridge for years. As long as they are clear then it's OK. They are good fertilizer so you can use and test them in vitro and vivo.
Awesome. Thanks for the answer. I'll double check to make sure nothing has grown in it, and if not, I'll give it a try with a few jars.
By BigBella
Doomsday wrote:
TCMaster wrote:Have been prepared liquid media (MS, QL, DKW) and keep them in fridge for years. As long as they are clear then it's OK. They are good fertilizer so you can use and test them in vitro and vivo.
Awesome. Thanks for the answer. I'll double check to make sure nothing has grown in it, and if not, I'll give it a try with a few jars.
I never use refrigerated liquid media more than six weeks old, since there are many issues with potential contamination. On more than a few occasions, we've plated samples of stored media and have discovered bacterial, fungal, or algal spores -- many of which are resistant even to autoclaving.

At the very least, adjust the pH once again and autoclave for the maximum time, at the highest setting . . .
Last edited by BigBella on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Doomsday
BigBella wrote:
Doomsday wrote:
I never use refrigerated liquid media more than six weeks old, since there are many issues with potential contamination. On more than a few occasions, we've plated samples of stored media and have discovered bacterial, fungal, or algal spores -- many of which are resistant even to autoclaving.

At the very least, adjust the pH once again and autoclave for the maximum time, at the its highest setting . . .
Alright, cool. Thanks.
By DrNo7
I always reccomend making your TC medium fresh. Although it is time consuming, it does yield more effective results.
N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!