FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
I've got a couple of small D. Intermedia that have been flowering for almost a week now. How long will it be between flowering and seed maturity? I'd like to try to collect some of the seeds.

I've read through banaman's tutorial on making seed packets (and the added seed processing info).
Any other tips on collecting and processing is appreciated!

Thanks!
By Panman
Expect about two weeks after the flower closes before it is ready to harvest seeds. Once the first few buds have turned half brown, I harvest the entire stalk and put it into a paper envelope for another week or two to let them finish maturing. As far as separating out the seeds, I wrote a post on what I do post392023.html#p392023
By MaxVft
My intermedia took about a month for seed maturity. After 2 weeks I tried harvesting a stalk last year (a few pods were brown) and all the seeds were green. I had to wait yet another two weeks before I was sure they were fully ripened.
By Intheswamp
Panman wrote:Expect about two weeks after the flower closes before it is ready to harvest seeds. Once the first few buds have turned half brown, I harvest the entire stalk and put it into a paper envelope for another week or two to let them finish maturing. As far as separating out the seeds, I wrote a post on what I do post392023.html#p392023
That is a crazy amount of seeds, Panman!!!! :D My few little ol' stalks ain't gonna amount to much. Maybe I oughta just let them go and let them start a forest...of course I've gotta get them in a larger pot for that... ;)

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

Not what you would expect...

Why, the portion cup in front of the binata in the[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!