FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Korbel
so ive had these for 7 days and 4h now. I took yalls advice and put it outside for a bit in bright shade and let it get some morning sun for a bit. about 5h like the forum says. as you can see by the center most mouth I think that was too much. anyway heres where its at now. how healthy is it? I know I need to get a bigger pot. im working on it fast as I can. I cant afford much at the moment. its got 16 new leaves and mouths growing quite well down at the base that are barely visible. what can I do to make it healthier aside form sticking it in the sun and putting it outside? btw elevation here is 5330ft. took the pictures after watering with distilled water.
Attachments:
DSC_4044resize.jpg
DSC_4044resize.jpg (2.65 MiB) Viewed 1341 times
DSC_4046resize.jpg
DSC_4046resize.jpg (3.06 MiB) Viewed 1341 times
By Jeeper
Get them out of that tube it's like an easy-bake oven for vft. Keep them in a saucer with just a bit of water in the bottom And leave them outside.
Jeeper liked this
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
So far it looks okay. None of the leaves are showing any signs of poor lighting. You can tell how the plant is doing in it's current environment by the newest leaves it puts out. If the traps are small and the leaves are light green and sickly, give it more light. If the new traps are big and colorful, then it probably really healthy.
By Korbel
cool thanks. i did get them out of the tube and into a 1ft by 1ft wide terrarium for their stay indoors. the burnt leaves are all turning black now. is that cause they are dying? or cause theyre going into hibernation? i suspect theyre dying cause the new shoots are taking more energy now that theyre realy starting to grow. they are bright green shoots. mouths are open already on some.
By tommyr
Korbel wrote:cool thanks. i did get them out of the tube and into a 1ft by 1ft wide terrarium for their stay indoors. the burnt leaves are all turning black now. is that cause they are dying? or cause theyre going into hibernation? i suspect theyre dying cause the new shoots are taking more energy now that theyre realy starting to grow. they are bright green shoots. mouths are open already on some.
The leaves going black is normal. Get them out of the terrarium and acclimate them to full outdoor Sun. The plant will not do well indoors, it'll slowly die.
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
tommyr wrote: The leaves going black is normal. Get them out of the terrarium and acclimate them to full outdoor Sun. The plant will not do well indoors, it'll slowly die.
I mean, it's possible for someone to grow them in a terrarium. There just needs to be enough light and a dormancy period. Although for Korbel I would agree to put it outside.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got your SASE for your March request the other d[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!