FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By FlyTrap Hunter
mouthstofeed wrote:such nice red lips
I have that plant from Alex. Image Its amazing. It's like a giant B52. I believe the DCXL is still bigger but Ginormous has huge Traps. Even so the King Henry Traps are bigger. Just saying, but it's a nice plant. Y'all revived a really old post. Alex is not growing Fly Traps at all anymore. He is into lazers. Super powerful lazers that look like flashlights.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By riveraXVX
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:
I have that plant from Alex. Image Its amazing. It's like a giant B52. I believe the DCXL is still bigger but Ginormous has huge Traps. Even so the King Henry Traps are bigger. Just saying, but it's a nice plant. Y'all revived a really old post. Alex is not growing Fly Traps at all anymore. He is into lazers. Super powerful lazers that look like flashlights.

we share his Ginormous'es actually! I got the others he had, they are one of my favorites thusfar, I repotted ours after arriving last year and split them into two cups, I look forward to seeing how they grow this year they were beautiful in the short time over fall they were growing!

here is a photo from two days ago of one of the two cups beginning to wake up!

By FlyTrap Hunter
riveraXVX wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:

we share his Ginormous'es actually! I got the others he had, they are one of my favorites thusfar, I repotted ours after arriving last year and split them into two cups, I look forward to seeing how they grow this year they were beautiful in the short time over fall they were growing!

here is a photo from two days ago of one of the two cups beginning to wake up!

I know you have a few also but it was not my place to say. LoL

By FlyTrap Hunter
PiranhaPlanter1 wrote:If anyone can ship me an alex's ginormous division I would be humbly satisfied and grateful (: please?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I don't have any divisions and you would have to get Riviera drunk and passed out before you get anything from him. LoL I think all of his stuff is for his daughter technically anyway. LoL and I still don't know if we can easily ship plants to Canada, where you live.

By mouthstofeed
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:

Can one not be into lasers and vfts at the same time?
By PiranhaPlanter1
mouthstofeed wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:

That's too funny

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
By FlyTrap Hunter
mouthstofeed wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:

Yes. But sadly he had a upstairs neighbor who washed his dogs with chlorinated water above the Fly Traps. And people started stealing them and it was disparaging. He didn't want to sell them but he didn't want to lose them either. With the high ppm water dumped on them, they were pretty sad looking by the time they were sold. But they have all come back with some TLC. If he didn't sell them, they would be dead.
I just saw the pictures at the top of the link and mine has never looked that good. I am guessing that came to him like that. But when you grow it out it looks like a huge B52. It was one of my biggest plants with the biggest traps last year, along with Jaws, Megatraps, King Henry and Grun.

Hi Alex if you pop in! I really like that guy. He was cool.
By riveraXVX
yeah it was a shame he sold off most of his collection, I was glad for us to pick some of it up though, it all rehabbed nicely. one of the small plants we got is still one of my favorites 'Bloody Shark'

and yeah shipping to Canada for plants is something I'm not too interested in. phyto certs and all that!

also FTH: I can safely say some of the plants are for me now too haha. shes still helping out and learning a ton, she just employs me to do the grunt work. we keep a journal logging what we do/any weird/noticeably changes to particular plants. we'll have her first plants ready for selling at a local market here by summer time, we also have been gathering seeds and will have some fun lil giveaways for her and to the seedbank -- assuming no mass die off between now and summer at least!
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!