FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By SmartCheeseBurger
Hello, I've posted about what this plants problem is once on this forum but the answers I got were wrong and not the answers I was looking for so I'm going to try to give it another shot and hope I get the answer I'm looking for :(. My plant which is a Truncata x Ventricosa has been making these dried patches on the leaves ever since it's made it's first leaf with me. Also the newest leaf is wonky. Can anyone explain this? Growing conditions are 4 hours of sunlight everyday, distilled water every 3 days, temps are 75-85F day and 66-72F night, humidity is about 45-50% in daytime and 50-60% nighttime. Oh and I'm also wondering if it needs a bigger pot. Thanks for all the replies :P.
Attachments:
IMG_0093.JPG
IMG_0093.JPG (1.8 MiB) Viewed 4127 times
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG (1.55 MiB) Viewed 4127 times
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG (1.9 MiB) Viewed 4127 times
By hollyhock
It looks like rust spots which is a fungus type damage of the leaves rather than by pest or insects. This is my opinion only not 100% certain.
Read this article.
https://www.terraforums.com/forums/trop ... -rust.html
By hollyhock
Well then I guess you have to play detective. Here is an older post showing thrips damage on Nepenthes leaves.
unknown-nepenthes-pest-t30015.html

Only trying to help you out with it. :roll:
hollyhock liked this
By -twillyranger-
Take this all with a grain of salt but like HH said your going to have to play detective. Analyze the possible problems, it could very well be rust spot or thrips, it could be some sort of leaf burn. You could look at pictures of other plants with rust spot, thrips, and leaf burn and compare them to your plant. If you think you have found the culprit, find a good pesticide or fungicide like neem oil or change your conditions if it’s leaf burn. But I very well could be wrong and it could easily be something else.
-twillyranger- liked this
By hollyhock
I think the reason you haven't gotten the exact answer SCB is because you don't want to try and figure it out yourself. You want to know exactly what's happening with your plant. I offered a few suggestions and you knocked them down. Other people see your response and say hey this guy's on his own about this issue. Only you know your exact conditions and although people want to provide help and support sometimes you are on your own to figure it out.
hollyhock liked this
By SmartCheeseBurger
hollyhock wrote:I think the reason you haven't gotten the exact answer SCB is because you don't want to try and figure it out yourself. You want to know exactly what's happening with your plant. I offered a few suggestions and you knocked them down. Other people see your response and say hey this guy's on his own about this issue. Only you know your exact conditions and although people want to provide help and support sometimes you are on your own to figure it out.
and also hollyhock, I know im a few months late but i only said no to one suggestion, not a few and isnt that the point, u wanna exatly whats happening with ur plant. Also I was an amature back then. Reading these posted now I sound like a little kid asking for attention :lol: , im embarrased :oops: .
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!