FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Jimboslice
Just got this plant Nepenthes x hookeriana (N. ampullaria x N. rafflesiana) Nov 2 2018. Came in green and looking good. Then I got a hold of it and it has changed color and a leaf if curling. I grow it under 100 w LED and water once a day. I keep the temp around 70 degrees. Looking through older posts it seems like it might be acclimating to its new environment. I hope that's it. If anyone sees otherwise I would appreciate any advice. Thanks
Attachments:
20181113_173339.jpg
20181113_173339.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 1061 times
By twitcher
It is normal for many Nepenthes to color up on the leaves when exposed to brighter light. Good examples of this are N. "Lady Luck" and N. "Suki". I am not sure about the leaf curling, but it looks like it is common to all of the leaves on your plant. Perhaps it dried a bit too much one day. In any case, since the pitchers are still present, I would assume it is doing OK. However, a larger pot might help to promote stability if it is a drying issue and I would check to make sure there are no major changes going on in the environment such as too near an air vent.
twitcher liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

Looks OK to me. Where did you get you Cobra Lily? […]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!