FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By swat007j
So I just receive my first Darlingtonia from a friend here on this forum , I've been doing some research on how to care for it ...I've been caring for Cp's for a year now. Some question I have are is How can I get it to grow faster I've read that in four year the pitchers can reach up to 4 cm :O thats a little small would it even be able to catch flies the one I currently have is about a year old ? I have it planted in a 4in pot with a medium i got from here top off with sphagnum moss and I'm growing it under a Grow light from Glow planet I give it about 12-14 hours of light from it.
http://imgur.com/a/AQPcK#0
Last edited by swat007j on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Starchy
From what I have read, Darlingtonia stay in their seedling pot for about 2 years. They should be planted in a larger than normal pot so the roots will stay cool. One of the troubles growers face is keeping the plant's roots cool while also giving the plant a lot of light and humidity.
By swat007j
Starchy wrote:From what I have read, Darlingtonia stay in their seedling pot for about 2 years. They should be planted in a larger than normal pot so the roots will stay cool. One of the troubles growers face is keeping the plant's roots cool while also giving the plant a lot of light and humidity.

:o I wish it grow well under leds Can't wait to see it when its bigger :D
By coolg
From what I've read, Darlingtonia don't really need that much humidity. Focus on keeping the roots cool and give them lots of light.
By Starchy
coolg wrote:From what I've read, Darlingtonia don't really need that much humidity. Focus on keeping the roots cool and give them lots of light.
I think the seedlings like the humidity and require it less and less as they mature.

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!