FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By kato_stud25
I'm looking to learn to do some with TC first starting to try it with some seeds I have. I'm disabled so money is kinda tight right now so can't afford everything I need so I was wondering if someone could make up a few sterile containers ready to go with some media in them I could purchase so all I have to do is prep seeds and put them into the culture. I know this is not ideal but this would help me. Thanks
By Matt
Purchasing ready-to-go sterile cultures is a decent idea but the chance of them getting contaminated during shipment would be very high. It is best to make them at home and handle them very carefully to keep them clean until you introduce the seeds into the cultures.
By kato_stud25
I see theres more then a few companies that do that send ready to go premade sterile containers with media in them for say classroom or group experiments so I'm guessing if its packaged stored and shipped properly sounds like it works well. But they sell more then I'd need for what I'm tring to do they sell for say a 20 or 30 person class. I'm just hoping someone on here might consider doing this say 10 or so baby food jars sterile with media would be great. Thanks for the response as always Matt.
By Matt
After posting earlier, I also realized that it would be difficult to ship the media without it breaking apart and being unusable upon arrival.

I wonder how these companies ship sterile, gelled media without risk of contamination and with a usable product upon arrival?
By kato_stud25
I'm not sure but it says in the description that theres no slant in the media its flat and if you want the slant to avoid moisture you can heat it up and let it re harden at a angle. Could it possibly be kept cold or something cuz it says something about 2nd day shipping or overnight or something like that
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!