FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By dublicious
Hi, I'm Joe. I live in Eastern Pennsylvania. I've been keeping carnivorous plants for a few years. My collection started with mostly easier temperate plants (Sarrs and US native temperate drosera) but I'm slowly growing my indoor collection as well. The challenge I have my eye on at the moment is how I'm going to reliably care for Heliamphora.
By dublicious
Awesome! That's a pretty forgiving cross, iirc? Do you do anything special to manage humidity or summer temps?
By evenwind
Welcome!
By Panman
dublicious wrote:That's a pretty forgiving cross, iirc? Do you do anything special to manage humidity or summer temps?
No, it sits on my desk under Yescomm lights. Humidity is raised a little bit by water in the tray. For temps, it just gets regular room temperature so about 68 in the winter and up to 75 or so in the summer. It is potted in a 6" tall pot in a light sphagnum/perlite mix. I top water weekly and let it drain into the tray where there is about 1/4 an inch of water. I occasionally fill a pitcher with diluted Maxsea. As I understand it, this cross and its reverse are very forgiving.
By dublicious
Panman wrote:
dublicious wrote:That's a pretty forgiving cross, iirc? Do you do anything special to manage humidity or summer temps?
No, it sits on my desk under Yescomm lights. Humidity is raised a little bit by water in the tray. For temps, it just gets regular room temperature so about 68 in the winter and up to 75 or so in the summer. It is potted in a 6" tall pot in a light sphagnum/perlite mix. I top water weekly and let it drain into the tray where there is about 1/4 an inch of water. I occasionally fill a pitcher with diluted Maxsea. As I understand it, this cross and its reverse are very forgiving.
I see. Thanks for the info!
Browning Sarracenia and Aphids

Just wanted to update that with a new light and di[…]

Perlite from Ebay

how does this stuff look? https://www.fertilefibre[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!