FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By sanguinearocks101
I joined this forum at the beginning of January and just now decided to do this. Some things about me, I think Nepenthes are the best carnivorous plants, I currently have very few plants but I hope I will soon be able to expand my collection, and I just love seeing my Nepenthes grow and thrive(The first time my Nepenthes Sanguinea sprouted a basal I spent the whole day staring at it :lol: )
By Matt
Thanks for the introduction! I agree that Nepenthes are pretty awesome carnivorous plants, but I would disagree that the are the best ;)

How can you put them over Venus flytrap that are able to sense their prey and snap shut in a fraction of a second?!!

Nepenthes sit there passively waiting for their unsuspecting prey to be oblivious enough to fall into their traps. Flytraps actually hunt their prey :D

In any case, all carnivorous plants are pretty awesome!!
By sanguinearocks101
Matt wrote:Thanks for the introduction! I agree that Nepenthes are pretty awesome carnivorous plants, but I would disagree that the are the best ;)

How can you put them over Venus flytrap that are able to sense their prey and snap shut in a fraction of a second?!!

Nepenthes sit there passively waiting for their unsuspecting prey to be oblivious enough to fall into their traps. Flytraps actually hunt their prey :D

In any case, all carnivorous plants are pretty awesome!!
Venus flytraps can only close a mere 3 times! And half of the time they don't even catch anything! :roll: Nepenthes can catch as much prey as their ginormous pitchers can hold! Nepenthes Rajah has been known to catch birds and rats, I'd like to see a Venus flytrap try to eat that much. 8-)
Drosera germination time

I got the burmannii seeds a bit before you did, an[…]

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!