FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Hey y'all! So I've been in this forum for some time now, but I've never properly introduced myself.

My name is Quinton and I live in South Florida. I've been growing carnivorous plants for around five years now. It's been quite the experience for me so far as I have learned so much about these magnificent plants!

The plants that really got me into this hobby are my two king Henry fly traps. They've been able to put up with everything I have put them through, including watering them with tap water, letting them dry out etc. Both are still with me to this day, five years later.

Now I grow a small variety of CP's, including three cultivators of fly traps, eight nepenthes, two drosera species, a single pinguicula and many sarracenia. I did have a cobra lily up until recently, but it got fried while I was on vacation :(. After getting into CP's, I started getting into plants of all types, including orchids.

Up until recently, growing CP's wasn't easy. I was living in an apartment as I had moved in with my dad after being in a poor living situation with my mom. After I had moved in with dad, I had no choice but to grow all my CP's together indoors under artificial lights, including my eight erect species and hybrid sarrs. Keeping the healthy and happy was difficult, especially for the sarrs. Many plants suffered and I even lost some, but most were able to pull through until my dad was able to buy a house. Now I have my sarrs and flytraps growing outdoors in full sun and my neps, dews and ping indoors under artificial lighting.

I look forward to expanding my collection as well as my knowledge on CP's. I hope to share my experience with others who are new to the hobby. I want to give a special thanks to all of you CP growers out there for helping me get to where I am now. Thank you guys so much for all of your helpfulness and wisdom in the hobby.

~Quinton

Oh, and here's a photo of the two plants that got me into this hobby.

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
By Do_Gon
Very cool, man. Glad things are working out for you now. Your traps look so happy.
By Tryner78
I like the little scarlet belle in the background :)
Good luck!
By That one plant boi
Tryner78 wrote:I like the little scarlet belle in the background :)
Good luck!
Thanks! Unfortunately though, it was one of the plants that wasn't able to pull through.

By That one plant boi
Do_Gon wrote:Very cool, man. Glad things are working out for you now. Your traps look so happy.
Thanks man!

By mouthstofeed
Really beautiful traps m8
My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!