FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By RavenM
Hey, my name is Raven and like many I'm new to the idea of cultivating Venus Flytraps.. I went to college for animation to became a storyboard artist. Moving to Vancouver was fun, but the animation job scene up there is kind of crappy right now.. so while I'm in between jobs, I've been trying my hand at gardening and growing a large assortment of different indoor plants.. I think I have like 30 of them. So far my love for venus flytraps has only manifested itself in artwork, but I think I'm ready to finally dive in to the real thing.

Er.. I'm not that great at introductions, so as part of this one, here's a link to my blog showing a Venus Flytrap-related costume I made for last Halloween:

http://mayberabies.blogspot.com/2008/12 ... dener.html

Unfortunately I'm still waiting on a full-body picture, but hopefully its of interest either way. Thank you guys so much for reading my intro and I look forward to speaking with you.. in the FUTURE! Woosh!

-Raven M.
By NZL
Welcome Raven.

I hope you'll enjoy the real VFTs as much as you enjoyed making that costume ;)
By linton
G'day Raven & welcome. Real Dionaea are much more fun than Halloween costumes (at least I think so!). Good luck with your growing.
Linton.
By Adam
Hi Raven,

Good to have more people on here from Canada - let alone, BC. There is a Canadian growers group here. I hope to gather enough members so that a BC Carnivorous Plant Group could actually meet a couple of times a year.

Have you already purchased your plants? Hawaiian Botanicals has an order coming in from Triffid Park in Australia. I would call them up and see if you can pre-order some specific cultivars.

Welcome aboard!

Adam

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!