FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By scorpio5569
Never mind about the sand I see that it the reflection of your purple window in the background that makes it look purple.
By cmerry
Nice to have a place where others know how I feel! He is getting so big I want to make sure he gets as big as he can! He has peat moss on top and river stones on the bottom. Saying River Stones sounds so romantic but they are from a hardware store here and many of them are pretty but not sure what river if any they ever rolled around in ;)
scorpio5569 wrote:I know how you feel about your purpurea, I have only had my first one for about three months and he is my favorite and my neighbor likes him too, I also have VFT's but the pitcher plants that I have are my favorite, something about the way they grow and the look of them, they also have a unique texture to them and no two are alike in color and size. I have two venosa, one love bug, two Northern purple and two Southern purple on the way. I started out with one pitcher and two VFT's now have well over 25 plants. This is the place to learn all you need to keep that handsome plant alive and thriving for years to come. I like to colored sand you have in the planter, what kind is that?
By cmerry
scorpio5569 wrote:Never mind about the sand I see that it the reflection of your purple window in the background that makes it look purple.
:lol: Your message was the last one on page one then I saw this! I want to have some fun looking stuff when he gets moved to a larger place in the future. For the moment this round planter is newish I just wanted to make sure the move didn't upset him too much and he's doing fine. :mrgreen:
By cmerry
Daniel_G wrote:P.S have you had any flowers on this guy?
He flowered!!!! I think you gave him flower luck!! :mrgreen:

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!