FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Kat-C
Hi there, I have been raising CPs for about 20 years but I am not an expert! Am constantly learning.

It started with getting my son a venus fly trap when he was about 5, graduated to a Sarracenia Judith Hindle (which we still have) and grew from there. We currently have about a dozen Sarrs, some Darlingtonia, 6 or so VFTs and about 40 nepenthes. And lots and lots of sundews, mostly because they spread like crazy. Also a Brocchinia Reducta (that's a carnivorous bromeliad, for the uninitiated). Most of the nepenthes are in a greenhouse and couple in a terrarium. Everything else is pretty much outside. Our climate is Mediterranean—cool, foggy summers (great for highland neps!) and mild, rainy winters.

Nice to meet fellow CP enthusiasts. :)
By sanguinearocks101
Kat-C wrote:Hi there, I have been raising CPs for about 20 years but I am not an expert! Am constantly learning.

It started with getting my son a venus fly trap when he was about 5, graduated to a Sarracenia Judith Hindle (which we still have) and grew from there. We currently have about a dozen Sarrs, some Darlingtonia, 6 or so VFTs and about 40 nepenthes. And lots and lots of sundews, mostly because they spread like crazy. Also a Brocchinia Reducta (that's a carnivorous bromeliad, for the uninitiated). Most of the nepenthes are in a greenhouse and couple in a terrarium. Everything else is pretty much outside. Our climate is Mediterranean—cool, foggy summers (great for highland neps!) and mild, rainy winters.

Nice to meet fellow CP enthusiasts. :)
Welcome to the forums! Neps are my favorite cp and I hope to be getting more soon! I especially love Nepenthes mollis(peristome), lowii(pitcher shape), and sibuyanensis(pitcher shape, big size) and their hybrids. But above all I love my sanguinea the most, the nectar on it's peristome is a bright red, it produces a ton of necter on the lid(It was also my first cp), and it produces many basals.
Kat-C liked this
By Apollyon
Welcome!

Funny how it always starts with that one plant and then just grows to include all types :lol: Nepenthes are awesome. Just ordered my first a couple of days ago. Look forward to seeing how it turns out
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as w[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!