FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Sarrakitty
Hello everyone here! I'm Sarra, just a random cat furry on the internet. (In real life I'm just a random college kid trying to get a degree in horticulture.. but don't tell anyone that! I like being a cat online! >:3 )

I've been obsessed with weird plants for a looong time (fits my odd/quirky interests in general) and the carnivorous plants are no exception. Honestly they are some of my favroites! Years ago back in the later 'aughts and then '10s, was when I first got into them. I lurked Terraforums for a long while, and it eventually became a regular stomping ground of mine. Still never did have much of a presence there compared to others with huge amazing collections. Main reason for that though was I was in middle, and later high school at that time and didn't have a lot to spend on plants! I did grow some though eventually all of my original collection either died or was given away.

Currently over the last 2-3 years, I've rebuilt it though, and better than I could have before! If you are curious to what I have so far, my grow list on this forum is over here. I've decided to come back to the dedicated carnivorous plant forums and check them out again, I've been on the carnivorous plant subreddits and their associated Discord server, but I did always miss old-style hobby-specific forum sites, compared to what has become of social media at large. But those forums are still here so no reason not to join in again! That and the offerings in the community seed bank are very tempting... I'd like to get some of that... and even donate some when I have the extra seed for it some time in the future!

Anyways that's pretty much all my weirdo plant lovin' kitty cat self is up to, and what I came here for. Hopefully it will be a great experience again on these plant forums, and I'll share some cool pics of my plants, exchange advice, and the like!
Eventerminator liked this
By evenwind
Welcome!
Sarrakitty liked this
By MaxVft
Hi Sarra and welcome to the FTC community!
Last edited by MaxVft on Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Greenthumbs Garden
Welcome Sarrakitty to the forum!
Sarrakitty wrote: I've been on the carnivorous plant subreddits and their associated Discord server, but I did always miss old-style hobby-specific forum sites, compared to what has become of social media at large
I couldn't agree with you more! social media groups for me lack the structure of a proper forum, they end up becoming more of a show and tell rather than a source of information you can learn and share info from.
MaxVft liked this

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!